• HTML tutorial

Sadkomodo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washougal Washington
Member #

Hello,
My name is Steve and I just joined the community. I'm new to overlanding. I live in the Vancouver Washington area.
I have a Lexus GX470 and a Chevy k1500. The Chevy is a xtra cab, long box so not to much overlanding with that however the GX is up to the task of overlanding.

Hopefully soon, I will have a RTT due to me and my kids going to NW Overland Rally in June.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

Hello,
My name is Steve and I just joined the community. I'm new to overlanding. I live in the Vancouver Washington area.
I have a Lexus GX470 and a Chevy k1500. The Chevy is a xtra cab, long box so not to much overlanding with that however the GX is up to the task of overlanding.

Hopefully soon, I will have a RTT due to me and my kids going to NW Overland Rally in June.
Welcome! The GX470 is definitely a capable rig for some overlanding. Theres a few build thread about them too. I have actually looked at getting one for my wife so let me know how you like it as time goes on!

Reactions: Sadkomodo

Sadkomodo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washougal Washington
Member #

Thank Art! That was the main reason I bought this rig. I was looking at an FJ Cruiser but I wanted something a tad bigger. I love the GX. It's big enough, very comfortable and good power. My wife likes driving it for the power:grinning:. My plans are to do a mild build(lift, sliders and bumpers).
What I'm trying to do is to talk my wife into getting a 4wd Mitsubishi Delica for overlanding.

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

Thank Art! That was the main reason I bought this rig. I was looking at an FJ Cruiser but I wanted something a tad bigger. I love the GX. It's big enough, very comfortable and good power. My wife likes driving it for the power:grinning:. My plans are to do a mild build(lift, sliders and bumpers).
What I'm trying to do is to talk my wife into getting a 4wd Mitsubishi Delica for overlanding.
I am actually in a very similar situation, have always loved the FJ but the size is tough with a family. The GX would be a nice addition in that it has the option 3rd row but has some nice power and comforts.

If your wife is anything like mine she might let you get it but might not set a foot into it! Ive been trying to say we need a van (which only id ever drive) for years. But of course itd have to be something like that or lifted.

Sadkomodo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washougal Washington
Member #

I am actually in a very similar situation, have always loved the FJ but the size is tough with a family. The GX would be a nice addition in that it has the option 3rd row but has some nice power and comforts.

If your wife is anything like mine she might let you get it but might not set a foot into it! Ive been trying to say we need a van (which only id ever drive) for years. But of course itd have to be something like that or lifted.
That was exactly the reason I got the GX, third row seats. Only have used them a couple of times. Then the wife got a 2016 Highlander which has even more room than the GX.
I have always have a thing for quirky vans. I had a 1 ton 1970 Ford Econoline Club van. Love that van, did a lot of camping in that van.
Lately, I'm loving the JDM 4wd Toyota and Mitsubishi vans.

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

That was exactly the reason I got the GX, third row seats. Only have used them a couple of times. Then the wife got a 2016 Highlander which has even more room than the GX.
I have always have a thing for quirky vans. I had a 1 ton 1970 Ford Econoline Club van. Love that van, did a lot of camping in that van.
Lately, I'm loving the JDM 4wd Toyota and Mitsubishi vans.
I definitely get that. They are very unique styles but very capable! Make for a great overland / road trip vehicle. Well I look forward to possibly meeting up down the road. Im north of you near seattle so our paths will probably cross on of the trips that will come of OB!

Sadkomodo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washougal Washington
Member #

I definitely get that. They are very unique styles but very capable! Make for a great overland / road trip vehicle. Well I look forward to possibly meeting up down the road. Im north of you near seattle so our paths will probably cross on of the trips that will come of OB!
Most definitely!