• HTML tutorial

TheAngryRedhead

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Hey guys,

I’m starting to do some research into getting some new shoes for my Jeep and I’m just wondering if any of you have some recommendations on tires with an aggressive looking tread that will do well on the trails, but also still perform well on the roads since it’s also my daily driver. I’ve been looking at the BFGoodrich KO2 but was also curious if anyone has experience with the KM3’s in our typical winter weather.

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s input.

Cheers

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

I had KO2’s and they were awesome on the trail. Great side lugs and held in the slippery ruts great.

I couldn’t keep them balanced though and they howled like a banshee at half their life. I couldn’t wait to get rid of them. Partially my fault tho. I don’t think I rotated them enough.

In the winter they were terrible at any temps below -10.

I haven’t tried KM3’s yet.

Good luck!

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

I've got about 50k miles on a set of E load range Duratracs. I've got about 10/32's of tread left. After 4 Minnesota winters and many miles of and on road, I'll be buying another set.

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Member #

I'm very pleased with my Cooper ST MAXX. First winter in several years without proper winter tires and these have been great so far in pizza cutter size 255/85r16.
I ran the same size KM2 a few years back and they were fantastic in mud but not nearly as good in winter.