Gilbert Az
First Name
Elvis
Last Name
Farrish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gandalf
I have been researching trailers for a long time and finally pulled the trigger in November and picked it up in December. I still have a little work to do to finish setting it up but couldn’t be happier with it. When comparing prices with other trailers for what I wanted to have this was the best purchase for the money I thought. I really appreciate that So Cal Tear Drops was willing to customize things if possible based on some ideas I had. For instance I had them take one of the porch lights and install it insides the water heater box so that I could illuminate the sink at night. I’m still working on how I want to mount my solar panel setup. I also just installed my ARB Awning with the pop in room. I really enjoy the ability to make my own modifications to make it more unique. Here a few pics I will add more as my modifications continue. If you have any questions in it let me know.

My specs:

Wheels are 33’ on 17 “ rims
10” brakes
2-15 Gal tanks
Water heater mounted
Mac coupler hitch
Mounting a 20lb propane in the locking cage up front
ARB 50 qt fridge
Upgraded to Marine interior cabinets
Off road full galley upgrade 5 drawer for kitchen
Under mattress storage

IMG_7933.JPGIMG_7932.JPGIMG_7993.JPGIMG_7995.JPGIMG_7937.JPG

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I have been researching trailers for a long time and finally pulled the trigger in November and picked it up in December. I still have a little work to do to finish setting it up but couldn’t be happier with it. When comparing prices with other trailers for what I wanted to have this was the best purchase for the money I thought. I really appreciate that So Cal Tear Drops was willing to customize things if possible based on some ideas I had. For instance I had them take one of the porch lights and install it insides the water heater box so that I could illuminate the sink at night. I’m still working on how I want to mount my solar panel setup. I also just installed my ARB Awning with the pop in room. I really enjoy the ability to make my own modifications to make it more unique. Here a few pics I will add more as my modifications continue. If you have any questions in it let me know.

My specs:

10” brakes
2-15 Gal tanks
Water heater mounted
Mac coupler hitch
ARB 50 qt fridge
Under mattress storage

View attachment 84186View attachment 84187View attachment 84188View attachment 84189View attachment 84190
That’s awesome! I am just over the hill in Corona. Do they have inventory you could go in and touch and feel?

Reactions: Drifterman

Gandalf_the_Gunmetal_Grey

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Gilbert Az
First Name
Elvis
Last Name
Farrish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gandalf
That’s awesome! I am just over the hill in Corona. Do they have inventory you could go in and touch and feel?
They don’t have inventory necessarily because they build to order. They will have several trailers in different phases of production that they would be more than happy to let you see personally I did that with them prior to my purchase. Sometimes they have a used trailer that someone needs help selling and they’ll sell it to their website I think there’s one up right now but it’s a road teardrop.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My specs:

10” brakes
2-15 Gal tanks
Water heater mounted
Mac coupler hitch
ARB 50 qt fridge
Under mattress storage

View attachment 84186View attachment 84187View attachment 84188View attachment 84189View attachment 84190
Nice trailer setup....

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

They don’t have inventory necessarily because they build to order. They will have several trailers in different phases of production that they would be more than happy to let you see personally I did that with them prior to my purchase. Sometimes they have a used trailer that someone needs help selling and they’ll sell it to their website I think there’s one up right now but it’s a road teardrop.
Thanks, I think I will go check it out

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227

My specs:

10” brakes
2-15 Gal tanks
Water heater mounted
Mac coupler hitch
ARB 50 qt fridge
Under mattress storage

Good looking setup. Congrats on the acquisition!

Grendel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San diego
Member #

Gandalf That is a sweet set up!!

Ncat Check-out CARP expedition (formerly bear tear drops) He is in Oceanside and does custom builds and usually has one to look at and get a feel for it. Mark is a great guy with amazing customer service. We have had ours almost 10 months and love it.

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Gilbert Az
First Name
Elvis
Last Name
Farrish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gandalf

Ncat Check-out CARP expedition (formerly bear tear drops) He is in Oceanside and does custom builds and usually has one to look at and get a feel for it. Mark is a great guy with amazing customer service. We have had ours almost 10 months and love it.
Thanks man I love it. I looked at your recommendation on CARP cause I was curious. Those look really nice and I’m glad your enjoying yours. One of the biggest factors for me on pulling the trigger with mine was the the kitchen setup. I found that every Tear Drop builder was charging roughly the same amount and no fixed kitchen setup in the back. I didn’t want to setup anything up when it came to that. How are you working your setup? I’m curious cause I have friend looking for different options.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Awesome! Thanks

Jaycee

Rank II

Enthusiast III

My specs:

10” brakes
2-15 Gal tanks
Water heater mounted
Mac coupler hitch
ARB 50 qt fridge
Under mattress storage

Love your setup. I love teardrops since the sleeping arrangement is inside out of the elements which is what my wife requires. Can I ask if you lost any interior space from the way you had them mount the fridge.

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Gilbert Az
First Name
Elvis
Last Name
Farrish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gandalf
Love your setup. I love teardrops since the sleeping arrangement is inside out of the elements which is what my wife requires. Can I ask if you lost any interior space from the way you had them mount the fridge.
Thanks, to answer you question I didn’t loose any, actually it opened up a small storage space at the foot of the bed that normally wouldn’t be there on the non fridge side of the cabin.

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Gilbert Az
First Name
Elvis
Last Name
Farrish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gandalf
That's perfect. I always wondered why the standard config is sideways (longway across).
I also can’t stress enough that if you have an idea within reason of their design they will help you customize and welcome new ideas like when I asked them to install a light inside the water heater box so that it illuminates the sink.

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Gilbert Az
First Name
Elvis
Last Name
Farrish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gandalf
IMG_8342.JPGIMG_8343.JPGIMG_8344.JPGIMG_8345.JPG

Update:

So I finally got my solar panel project done. 100W panel mounted on a drawer system underneath. Bought two plated steel slotted angles 21 inches long and primer and painted them. Mounted them with four 1.12-in Wx2.16-in L x 1/4-in DIA stainless steel U-bolts to the frame of the roof rack. Used 1/4 stainless steels bolts to mount the drawer system to the Angels and to the solar panel. Worked out better than I thought. Also drilled a hole for the channel trailer coupler to keep the panel stowed for travel. 57368111430__0D059C1A-2AEB-42F4-AA78-A3F0CA426AFA.JPG

I also mounted the solar panel controller to the top of the battery box which worked out really nice because it’s super easy to access, it’s out of the way and I didn’t have to put holes in my storage box where the battery resides.