Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

I am planing an overland adventure to Colorado and then heading to Overland Expo West. I am new to this type of adventuring but wanted to share my few purchases.

The Plano case as many know is recommended by Michael. I started with just one that I picked up for only $29.99 at Field & Stream. The hydro flask is actually my second one. I have the 64oz and now this 40oz. The aqua tainer is the real product I am excited about. It holds 7 gallons of water and has a hidden spigot in the lid you take out and thread in on the outside. This was $19.99 also at Field & Stream.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

jesse178

Rank 0

Contributor I

Very nice! I love the hydro flasks!! Between my wife and my two daughters, we have several of them varying in size and opening size. They are insulated almost too well...

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

Very nice! I love the hydro flasks!! Between my wife and my two daughters, we have several of them varying in size and opening size. They are insulated almost too well...
Hefty price but worth it.

KCAT

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pueblo, Colorado, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
King
Member #

2nd on the flask. Good stuff. My wife and I have and two of the aqua tainers. FYI... the spigot does not hold up to be a Great Dane chew toy! Other than that they work great.

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

2nd on the flask. Good stuff. My wife and I have and two of the aqua tainers. FYI... the spigot does not hold up to be a Great Dane chew toy! Other than that they work great.
I do have a dog that will be adventuring with me, fortunately she is not one to chew on stuff like that.

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

Are you planning on coming to Cruise Moab?

Travis Hurley- Founder/Owner
Outer Limit Supply | 720-987-4202
Est. 2014 | Littleton, Colorado
www.outerlimitsupply.com
I am planning a trip to Colorado to see family then heading to Overland Expo West. My route to Flagstaff brings me right through Moab so I will certainly plan some trailing while coming through. I am just a greenhorn so no "Hells Gate" for me.

4TrekR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta GA
Member #

I am liking the Tswana basket in the back. Have a few very similar ones myself. Forget the pattern name - something like "Tears of the Giraffe" I think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: IanC83

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

Get the new lids for the flask. Come with a straw and easier to drink.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app
I do have the straw lid setup for my 64oz hydro flask. I think they should come with that standard. I swapped the straw lid over to the 40oz for now. Easier to pick up. It's funny I bought the new lid and 2 straw kit, 2 straws? What am gonna with two straws and one lid? I guess a spare.

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

I do have the straw lid setup for my 64oz hydro flask. I think they should come with that standard. I swapped the straw lid over to the 40oz for now. Easier to pick up. It's funny I bought the new lid and 2 straw kit, 2 straws? What am gonna with two straws and one lid? I guess a spare.

Yeah we have lost them. They do come with that set up now. When we realized they had that setup it was a game changer so we got one for my wife.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: N4lo and IanC83

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
I picked up the aqua-tainer myself. Looking forward to using it on my next trip!

Reactions: IanC83

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

Check the screw cap on the aquatainer for leaking. Mine does, many reviewers say the same. I simply keep mine spout up until I need to pour.
Thanks for the tip. I'll certainly keep on eye out for leaks. I don't need 7 gallons of water leaking in my rig.

Reactions: The other Sean