Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
IMG_0962.JPG Well, here is the challenge, My dad bought this CJ7 new in '85. I inherited it in '92 and drove 197k miles in the car. Going to do a complete rebuild, and with luck have it back on the road in a year or so. I'll update as we tear down and rebuild...

Roger352

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

, Cornwall PL17 , United Kingdom
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Smith
Member #

You can't rush these things. I think you should be able to get it done in that time depends how many hours a week you can spend on it. What I find is something else always comes up to throw your plans out the window.

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
This project has been in the works for a long time. It'll be nice to be able to make some headway on it finally. Over the years the laundry list of wants has been growing, while funds for the project has dwindled with luck and a new focus of back to basics it should emerge into a nice truck. Originally we were looking at dropping in a V8, just the bracketing along was a small fortune, not to mention the cost of the engine, then everything else that would have to changed to support the increase of power. The new engine I have should be just a little stronger than stock, so I shouldn't have any problems with axels, brakes, transmission all the components that would have to been upgraded. Now that we are no longer in The People's Republic of California I can finally do away with all the power sucking troublesome mess of computers and vacuum lines that plagued this poor car for 30 some odd years.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Randy P