SaltyJinx

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grey
Last Name
Ward
Hey I found the Ontario crowd! What area ? I am up by Simcoe and like to take trips up to Muskoka because I grew up there and I know a lot of the woods around there like the back of my hand.
I’m in the Ottawa Valley, I’m from the Mississagi area. I’ll be planning trips north of that this year.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I’m in the Ottawa Valley, I’m from the Mississagi area. I’ll be planning trips north of that this year.
My wife and I are actually planning to take or son on a trip up towards Sleeping Giant in the next year or 2 . We will probably make a longer trip out of it and stop at a few campgrounds along the way in each direction and I am hoping to have a small trailer built by then.

Reactions: SaltyJinx

NMDRecon

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Romeo
Last Name
M
Member #

New to overlanding and just starting to work on my truck.

2013 RAM 1500 Crew Cab

I'm drivin to push outside of my own comfort and start exploring and living a simpler and more focused life away from urban life.

Hey Ontarians, I am from Newmarket, Ontario. Glad I found like-minded people in here. I am not new to Overlanding as I have been travelling for a few years but this year I am changing my rig and I am adding new platforms and designs. I am going for a 4Runner TRD Off-Road and might need some help to get better deals with work on the rig. It is not easy where I live nothing much available.

NMDRecon

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Romeo
Last Name
M
Member #

My wife and I are actually planning to take or son on a trip up towards Sleeping Giant in the next year or 2 . We will probably make a longer trip out of it and stop at a few campgrounds along the way in each direction and I am hoping to have a small trailer built by then.
Sleeping Giant has one of the most spectacular hiking trails. Do not forget to visit the Head Trail and Knee Trail if you are into hiking as well. Also, Thunder Bay Lookout is an easy off-road like trail which takes you to the top of the mountain for an overlook of Thunder Bay and Lake Superior.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Sleeping Giant has one of the most spectacular hiking trails. Do not forget to visit the Head Trail and Knee Trail if you are into hiking as well. Also, Thunder Bay Lookout is an easy off-road like trail which takes you to the top of the mountain for an overlook of Thunder Bay and Lake Superior.
Ya I am hoping we can get out the do those sections. We hiked the la cloche silhouette trail in Killarney a few years ago and got some great views there too. I can only imaging how much better sleeping giant is, I have been looking at it for years but never had the time to go there.
By the way you are probly just up the road from me, I'm in Keswick!

SaltyJinx

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grey
Last Name
Ward
That sounds like a it will be a good run.

SaltyJinx

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grey
Last Name
Ward
Welcome to the community big guy! We got a good group of guys down here in the Ottawa Valley, if you ever want to tag along, more than welcome man!
I’d love to, just getting the front diff replaced this week but when it’s in I’ll be looking to get the truck out and tested before I put the lift in it this summer.

SaltyJinx

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grey
Last Name
Ward
Ok that sounds like it could be a something to try this summer. Right now I’ll looking at James Bay in august.

SaltyJinx

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grey
Last Name
Ward
Ya I am hoping we can get out the do those sections. We hiked the la cloche silhouette trail in Killarney a few years ago and got some great views there too. I can only imaging how much better sleeping giant is, I have been looking at it for years but never had the time to go there.
By the way you are probly just up the road from me, I'm in Keswick!
I’ll be in and out of the Keswick this summer visiting family. It’s about 5-6hrs on the 7 and a few side roads.

SaltyJinx

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grey
Last Name
Ward
Hey Ontarians, I am from Newmarket, Ontario. Glad I found like-minded people in here. I am not new to Overlanding as I have been travelling for a few years but this year I am changing my rig and I am adding new platforms and designs. I am going for a 4Runner TRD Off-Road and might need some help to get better deals with work on the rig. It is not easy where I live nothing much available.
Just saw two completely fitted TACOs at the dealership in Kanata up here. Factory Built....

Reactions: Big G