Enthusiast II

Rosenberg, TX, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Moser
Member #

Hello Everyone!

New to the forum and eagerly look to learn more about my truck, mods, adventures and overlanding. Its been a dream of mine to someday get the opportunity to do some pretty cool adventures.

I previously owned a 12' FJ Cruiser TT that was fairly well built, not quite to overland specs but it was a work in progress. I sadly had to give up that project as i started a new one. Home ownership.....

But after a year i'm back in a new vehicle. Just recently purchased a 16' TRD Pro Tundra. I slowly but surely look forward to building that up and starting some adventures with the wife and dog...

Currently located in South Texas outside of Houston. First Overland goal i'm striving for is to drive from Houston to the Arctic Circle in Alaska. Will be a couple years but its not an overly aggressive off-road adventure but an adventure to say the least.

Look forward to the chats and hopefully new friendships

Cheers,

Mike

Reactions: Chadlyb and Kent R

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Houston to Alaska and the Arctic Circle sounds like quite the adventure. Houston to Dalhart should get you about half way.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

New to the forum and eagerly look to learn more about my truck, mods, adventures and overlanding. Its been a dream of mine to someday get the opportunity to do some pretty cool adventures.

I previously owned a 12' FJ Cruiser TT that was fairly well built, not quite to overland specs but it was a work in progress. I sadly had to give up that project as i started a new one. Home ownership.....

But after a year i'm back in a new vehicle. Just recently purchased a 16' TRD Pro Tundra. I slowly but surely look forward to building that up and starting some adventures with the wife and dog...

Currently located in South Texas outside of Houston. First Overland goal i'm striving for is to drive from Houston to the Arctic Circle in Alaska. Will be a couple years but its not an overly aggressive off-road adventure but an adventure to say the least.

Cheers,

Mike
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

Several members have recently traveled the Dempster and we have one group going for sure in July, you will be able to get lots of info on the forum for your trip planing.

If you have any questions message your Regional Director @brien

Reactions: Slo4x4

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Everyone!

Cheers,

Mike
Hello Mike and welcome to the OB crew...great Toy for your adventure platform. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Slo4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Rosenberg, TX, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Moser
Member #

Yea, i figure plan for about 3 weeks. says its 4300miles one way from where im at but majority of it is just paved road. Not a true overland i guess but easy enough to get my feet wet. Would like to do some extended time around big bend too since its more "local"

Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Houston to Alaska and the Arctic Circle sounds like quite the adventure. Houston to Dalhart should get you about half way.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Just wish i could afford to dive into quickly, will be a slow process.
Just get out into adventures. Test yourself and your rig just the way it is before taking on the gear. Find out how you want to outfit before dumping money into something you might not like. That's what the forum is for. Advice and gear reviews from members that have been there and done that. Please reach out to any of us . We are here to help . Welcome to the Family.