Traveler I

Wildomar, CA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Shatzer
Member #

My name is Ray.
I was a Scoutmaster, so lots of camping experience - both car and some backpacking.
Last 6 years have done some backpacking, mostly PCT and JMT, with some Utah and Oregon trips.
I had a Jeep M38A1 in the 70's with a Chevy 283, but sold it after I got married.
In 2004 bought a 1999 LX470 (100 Series), not been off-road and has 155k miles. Want to modify it for Overland, but need a little more info. CA car.
Needed a truck, so bought 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 RST Z71. In Oregon right now and spent a few hours going over lumber roads and had a blast.
I will be open for any help in modifying my 100 Series.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

My name is Ray.
I was a Scoutmaster, so lots of camping experience - both car and some backpacking.
Last 6 years have done some backpacking, mostly PCT and JMT, with some Utah and Oregon trips.
I had a Jeep M38A1 in the 70's with a Chevy 283, but sold it after I got married.
In 2004 bought a 1999 LX470 (100 Series), not been off-road and has 155k miles. Want to modify it for Overland, but need a little more info. CA car.
Needed a truck, so bought 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 RST Z71. In Oregon right now and spent a few hours going over lumber roads and had a blast.
welcome to the group! There's some good info to be found here from the right folks.

Raylaw

Rank I

Traveler I

Wildomar, CA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Shatzer
Member #

John Muir is one of my heros and it was fun to hike over Muir Pass and sit in the cabin.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Sounds like a great start to me....

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
My name is Ray.
Hello Ray, welcome to the OB community. Are you in Oregon for the weekend? I am in Grants Pass and would love to meet up with you for a coffee or something if it would work for you tomorrow. Where exactly is Wildomar?

Raylaw

Rank I

Traveler I

Wildomar, CA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Shatzer
Member #

My daughter lives here and I have been refinishing her basement. She is in Dallas, a ways from Grants Pass. It would have been nice to connect. Wildomar is in So. California about 60 miles north of San Diego.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Ray.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ray
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course