Enthusiast I

Napa Valley
First Name
Alan
Last Name
V
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Km6qmk
Hello Overland boys & girls. New member introducing myself. I'm from Napa Valley. Have some decent experience with overlanding and outdoor/survival training and love to hike, camp, fish, fourwheel and just enjoy what's out there to discover. IMG_5435[43451].jpg
I drive a 2017 Ford F150 V8 with shortbox that has some minor mods, I'm always tinkering and improving things so its a moving target. I'm sure most of your rigs are also "constantly improving" and we'll never be done modifying our trusty rigs, lol. I'll have to start a build thread to keep track of my progress eventually. I'm happy with my current setup but have a list of things to address before I'm able to really go off-grid with it.

I also have some experience with dual-sport motorcycles and have had 1150 BMW GS & KTM 990 Adv bikes over the years. No bike in the stable right now but have my eye on a few options. However, with a family (3 kids plus dog) I don't have much "alone time" to go out and ride anymore and therefore have been building the Ford and my popup trailer for overland adventures that are also family friendly.

Looking forward to seeing what you all are doing for fun in the west coast and beyond. Thanks for the add and looking forward to meeting up in the future. Cheers, AV

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Alan (@25SAR66 ), welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you are a ham. Feel free to join us on our weekly Friday night net.
Time : 17:30 hours PT/2030 hours ET
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web

If you don't have access to an Echolink, DMR, or Allstar repeater don't worry many of us use the Echolink app.

Reactions: Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello Overland boys & girls. New member introducing myself. I'm from Napa Valley. Have some decent experience with overlanding and outdoor/survival training and love to hike, camp, fish, fourwheel and just enjoy what's out there to discover. View attachment 129924
I drive a 2017 Ford F150 V8 with shortbox that has some minor mods, I'm always tinkering and improving things so its a moving target. I'm sure most of your rigs are also "constantly improving" and we'll never be done modifying our trusty rigs, lol. I'll have to start a build thread to keep track of my progress eventually. I'm happy with my current setup but have a list of things to address before I'm able to really go off-grid with it.

I also have some experience with dual-sport motorcycles and have had 1150 BMW GS & KTM 990 Adv bikes over the years. No bike in the stable right now but have my eye on a few options. However, with a family (3 kids plus dog) I don't have much "alone time" to go out and ride anymore and therefore have been building the Ford and my popup trailer for overland adventures that are also family friendly.

Looking forward to seeing what you all are doing for fun in the west coast and beyond. Thanks for the add and looking forward to meeting up in the future. Cheers, AV
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Magic Mike or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF