First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Betts
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0AWV
Good evening overlanders!

I'm Kyle. I currently reside in southern Arizona. My daily driver is a 2014 FJ Cruiser in Magma (it's so much more interesting to say than simply "orange") that my daughter calls "Fergus".
I'd say I'm between a novice and experienced - let's say a journeyman - when it comes to overlanding experience level. I'm active military and have spent a lot of time living out of a vehicle. I've also done some moderate overlanding in the FJ.
Overall I'm excited to be part of this community and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Attachments

Reactions: AZBubs and Chadlyb

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Welcome to Arizona... I'm up in Phoenix. I want to explore your part of the state a bit more once the temps drop.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Good evening overlanders!

I'm Kyle. I currently reside in southern Arizona. My daily driver is a 2014 FJ Cruiser in Magma (it's so much more interesting to say than simply "orange") that my daughter calls "Fergus".
I'd say I'm between a novice and experienced - let's say a journeyman - when it comes to overlanding experience level. I'm active military and have spent a lot of time living out of a vehicle. I've also done some moderate overlanding in the FJ.
Overall I'm excited to be part of this community and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can.
Hello Kyle and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures .Thank you for your service and sacrifice .

DzrtShamrock

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Betts
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0AWV
Most definitely. .spend a lot of time getting lost in the woods. Some amazing places to see in the PNW.
Definitely. Last summer my best friends and I got together for the first time in several years. We ended up staying at the Heart O' the Hills campground on the peninsula. Great time. No agenda or planned events.

Reactions: Chadlyb

DzrtShamrock

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Betts
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0AWV
Will do. This weekend we will be heading out to Camp Pendleton for some camping on base.
Awesome - my grand dad is a huge fan of the campground there and by SEAL beach on Coronado. There's a couple of neat places down here - especially up the mountain and Parker Canyon Lake. Most of the trail driving I've done in the FJ thus far has been on post.

Reactions: Graeman

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Welcome, Kyle! I believe I was the guy who set you up with your membership at Expo! I'm also down here in Baja, AZ - Tucson. I love exploring the borderlands, hit me up if you ever want to head out. We know most of the borderlands from Arivaca to NM really well. Since it's summertime, we tend to stick to the sky islands more, Chiricahuas, Santa Ritas, Catalinas, etc. The higher elevations usually knock off about 20 or more degrees during the day.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Oh, and come say hi in the Arizona Overlanders thread as well, there's quite a bit of spontaneous trip coordination that happens in there

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I
Welcome, Kyle! I believe I was the guy who set you up with your membership at Expo! I'm also down here in Baja, AZ - Tucson. I love exploring the borderlands, hit me up if you ever want to head out. We know most of the borderlands from Arivaca to NM really well. Since it's summertime, we tend to stick to the sky islands more, Chiricahuas, Santa Ritas, Catalinas, etc. The higher elevations usually knock off about 20 or more degrees during the day.
I would like to join in on one of those trips.

Reactions: brien

Marshall

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Prescott, Arizona
Member #

Hello, new member Marshall here. I’m in Prescott Arizona so if you ever want to head north out of the heat we can plan a meet. In the fall would love to do a trip your way. I ETS from Sierra Vista & worked for there for a year. My son was born at the hospital 22 years ago. Wow how time flys.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk