New member in So Cal. Land Rover > Land Cruiser..

• HTML tutorial

Brav

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kreidel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6J0Q
Hello all - I am looking to get back into wheeling.

I used to have a 2010 Range Rover S/C lightly modified. It was an amazing vehicle... until the 100k mile warranty was up, then it emptied my pocket. Coincidently, was very reliable with no real issues for the first 104k. Overspending on preventative maintenance turned out to be a waste of time.. Anyhow, I sold it due to the motor starting to lose compression. extremely capable with 33s, EXTREMELY comfortable.. extremely expensive to maintain. I kinda regret selling it.

I since then got a new Ram, as I needed to be able to pull safely with our new daughter. Used the RR, worked ok.. Ram is awesome, but not really for wheeling. Desert bashing, light trails (with wide berth). We do some desert racing (co-drive for a trophy truck... ultra-high speed overlanding!)

I have finally arrived to Toyota / Land Cruiser.. the mission being: reliable, capable, lots of support. Learning a lot, but have a lot to go.. its no modern Land Rover comfort wise, but has a lot of charm. Biggest complaint is leg room (6'4) and power. No shockers. I picked it up for a very fair price. Been repainted somewhat poorly, but looks good from 10 feet away. Tripple locked.. all service records going back to 97. Nice lady owned it up in the Bay Area.

Can't wait to go stock-mobbing!! May go up to Big Bear this weekend.. And then let the modding begin. if there are any local LC groups, would be great to meet others. I have joined the national LC club.

Attachments

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A

I used to have a 2010 Range Rover S/C lightly modified. It was an amazing vehicle... until the 100k mile warranty was up, then it emptied my pocket. Coincidently, was very reliable with no real issues for the first 104k. Overspending on preventative maintenance turned out to be a waste of time.. Anyhow, I sold it due to the motor starting to lose compression. extremely capable with 33s, EXTREMELY comfortable.. extremely expensive to maintain. I kinda regret selling it.

I since then got a new Ram, as I needed to be able to pull safely with our new daughter. Used the RR, worked ok.. Ram is awesome, but not really for wheeling. Desert bashing, light trails (with wide berth). We do some desert racing (co-drive for a trophy truck... ultra-high speed overlanding!)

I have finally arrived to Toyota / Land Cruiser.. the mission being: reliable, capable, lots of support. Learning a lot, but have a lot to go.. its no modern Land Rover comfort wise, but has a lot of charm. Biggest complaint is leg room (6'4) and power. No shockers. I picked it up for a very fair price. Been repainted somewhat poorly, but looks good from 10 feet away. Tripple locked.. all service records going back to 97. Nice lady owned it up in the Bay Area.

Can't wait to go stock-mobbing!! May go up to Big Bear this weekend.. And then let the modding begin. if there are any local LC groups, would be great to meet others. I have joined the national LC club.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Although everything is currently on pause, check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @FrankRoams or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Brav

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Welcome! May be going up to Big Bear as well so maybe we will run into each other.