New member in Northglenn, CO

• HTML tutorial

stevet47

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Just checking in...
I've been following the Overland Bound's youtube videos for some time now, but just joined the website. I've been reading all the articles, listening to the podcasts, and browsing the forums; it seems like a great group of people!

A bit about me...
This is actually a funny time for me to join the forum, I don't even have a rig at the moment! I've had various vehicles over the years and have done some car-camping, but I have never been able to do so constantly, and haven't been able to get out at all in the last few years. I've been in Colorado about 5 years now, and we moved out here to enjoy the mountains, but life has gotten in the way of that pursuit, however, That is going to change!

I sold my rock crawler almost 2 years ago when my wife got pregnant with out first child, and we replaced it with a mini-van; that hurt a bit! We now have a toddler, and will likely be having a 2nd kid soon, so by all appearances, now isn't the right time to get into overlanding, but I've decided that if I wait around for a "good time" to get in to overlanding, I'm going to be waiting quite a while, and I'm going to have missed out on a whole lot of "good times" figuring out how to do this with little ones!

Money's tight for a new rig at the moment, but ideally I will be picking up 2nd gen. Montero over the next several months, although all the usually budget-friendly rigs are still on the table.

Below was my first rig (Frontier) and most recent (Toyota). In-between there was a Ram 1500, 1st gen Tacoma, Jeep Patriot, and a few cars. Over the next few months while I am looking for a new vehicle, I'll be browsing the forums, and learning all I can, I hope I'll get you see some of you out on the trails before too long!

desktop.jpg
20150823_130338(1).jpg

Attachments

OverlandRecon

Rank II

Advocate II

Welcome to the forum! Your right about the people being great here. I frequent other Jeep forums, and have been disappointed with attitudes and egos. Then I found this place. I can safely say this is the nicest group of people you are going to find in the overlanding community.

A friend of mine has a 2nd gen Montero, those thing are built like tanks. The factory rear lockers are nice too. It would make a great overlandig rig

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Welcome to OB!!

Overlanding isnt about the vehicle you drive... its about the experience and adventures you find with friends and family. So load up the jeep, subaru, minivan, golf cart or whatever and just GO!!! You live in some of the most beautiful country in the world....grab the family and go experience it!!

If you ever make it to the Western Slope (#westslopebestslope) of Colorado... let me know!!