New member in Augusta Ga

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Martinez, Ga
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Schexnayder
Hey all, I'm new here from Augusta Ga. Looking to hit the traverse this weekend, any advice from anyone who has done it. I'll have 2 small kids with me and we plan to camp Saturday night. Thanks in advance.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Welcome on board - I'm planning on hitting the Traverse in the near future. My parents live in Aiken and I have a sister in Grovetown. I'm keenly aware of the CSRA. Make sure you check the FS website for closed gates on the Traverse!

Contributor I

Martinez, Ga
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Schexnayder
Welcome on board - I'm planning on hitting the Traverse in the near future. My parents live in Aiken and I have a sister in Grovetown. I'm keenly aware of the CSRA. Make sure you check the FS website for closed gates on the Traverse!
Thanks for that Sasquatch Sc, I'll take a look to see whats open/closed. Let me know if your ever interested in meeting up for a ride.

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Five-0

Rank I

Member I

Georgia
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

I am also in Augusta and just joined today. Looking to do some trails also.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Hey guys, I'm down in Florida. We did the traverse in spring this past year. I know between spring and now a million things could have changed but I can help you out if you have any questions. I also have the track we made on Gaia. We found PLENTY of spots to camp along the traverse. We were there 3 days did about half of it at a laid back pace since we wanted to explore the areas we went through as well.

Five-0

Rank I

Member I

Georgia
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

The old river road past Plant Vogtle is a decent ride. If you look at some decent maps "GAIA" you can pretty much go all the way to Savannah. Some pavement jumps across the river but nice ride. Don't know how muddy it will be with all the rain lately.

Reactions: CoffeeBeard

CoffeeBeard

Rank 0

Contributor I

Augusta, GA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Emanis
The old river road past Plant Vogtle is a decent ride. If you look at some decent maps "GAIA" you can pretty much go all the way to Savannah. Some pavement jumps across the river but nice ride. Don't know how muddy it will be with all the rain lately.
Awesome thank you!

Reactions: kaine ellis

kaine ellis

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Monticello, GA, USA
First Name
kaine
Last Name
ellis
Member #

Hey all, I'm new here from Augusta Ga. Looking to hit the traverse this weekend, any advice from anyone who has done it. I'll have 2 small kids with me and we plan to camp Saturday night. Thanks in advance.
Sorry buddy i just saw your post. I actually just got home from the traverse.. good wheeling and camping

Attachments

DWL

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

North Carolina
First Name
Don
Last Name
Lincoln
Member #

We are not supposed to leave post, but the Good news is range roads out by the lake Let me flex the rig a little bit and get some well deserved outdoors time in.
Sounds carry, the MP’s have nothing else to do but bother everyone.