MikeandAndrea

Rank 0

Contributor I

Reno Nevada
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Wimberly
Hi everyone. This is Mike. My girlfriend Andrea and I spend quite a bit of time off-roading. We get mnost of the dirt on our tires in the Northern Nevada and California areas. While our rig is mainly set up as a rock crawler, we also camp out of it every weekend during the warmer months of the year. Lately, we have been contemplating building some kind of dedicated rig that would be used for longer expeditions where the crawler isn't needed. My head is filled with visions of Defender 110/130s, Nissan Patrols, and old FJ's.. I figured this may be a great place to start learning a little about what makes for a great rig. I'm a relatively blank slate. teach me!

Photos of our rig are attached.

PS.. Before anyone tells me that I can't be an overlander... I do have an ARB fridge/freezer!! :)

Attachments

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi everyone. This is Mike. My girlfriend Andrea and I spend quite a bit of time off-roading. We get mnost of the dirt on our tires in the Northern Nevada and California areas. While our rig is mainly set up as a rock crawler, we also camp out of it every weekend during the warmer months of the year. Lately, we have been contemplating building some kind of dedicated rig that would be used for longer expeditions where the crawler isn't needed. My head is filled with visions of Defender 110/130s, Nissan Patrols, and old FJ's.. I figured this may be a great place to start learning a little about what makes for a great rig. I'm a relatively blank slate. teach me!

PS.. Before anyone tells me that I can't be an overlander... I do have an ARB fridge/freezer!! :)
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for bound-meetups.24/events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-

httphttps://s://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.

www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reno-overlanding-meets-and-runs.17576/

If you have any questions message your Member a Representative,@HappyOurOverlanding , or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

Welcome to OB. There are a whole bunch of folk on OB that are willing to give you suggestions and help. We also have a local group (Reno Overlanding) that meets the second Wednesday of each month at Famous Dave's BBQ. We start at 6:PM if you care to join us.

By the way, from the background in some of your pics, it looks like you might be in my neck of the woods.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

MikeandAndrea

Rank 0

Contributor I

Reno Nevada
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Wimberly
Welcome to OB. There are a whole bunch of folk on OB that are willing to give you suggestions and help. We also have a local group (Reno Overlanding) that meets the second Wednesday of each month at Famous Dave's BBQ. We start at 6:PM if you care to join us.

By the way, from the background in some of your pics, it looks like you might be in my neck of the woods.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Ugh.. So sorry I missed your note. Thanks for the welcome and yes, We are in your neck of the woods. As a matter of fact we passed right thru Verdi yesterday and went up to Crystal Peak. Andrea also just started her own account here today. We will plan on meeting you guys at the Next Famous Dave's get together. Is that the one on McCarran in Reno?

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Ugh.. So sorry I missed your note. Thanks for the welcome and yes, We are in your neck of the woods. As a matter of fact we passed right thru Verdi yesterday and went up to Crystal Peak. Andrea also just started her own account here today. We will plan on meeting you guys at the Next Famous Dave's get together. Is that the one on McCarran in Reno?
Glad you will join us. Crystal Peak is a fun drive along with the other roads around Dog Valley. And yes, it's the one off McCarran.