• HTML tutorial

VentureOverlandCo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lakeville MN
Member #

Hello, all!

I hail from Lakeville, MN. I have owned my FZJ80 for 3 years now, and have loved it the whole time. Not sure what the standard protocol is for new member info on a first post. Here' a photo of my rig.spider lake 071.JPG spider lake 071.JPG

Reactions: Tinker and Levidale

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Welcome! Nice land cruiser! Info on yourself and pics of your rig are great starters for your first intro post! Next you can start telling us what mods you have done or what your travel ambitions are!

Reactions: VentureOverlandCo

VentureOverlandCo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lakeville MN
Member #

My name is Ryan Korpi. I am the owner of Venture Overland Company. We are based out of Lakeville, MN. Currently, we are a dealer for Freespirit Recreation. We have their full line of roof top tents and accessories.

My Land Cruiser is a 1996 with about 261k and is my daily driver. So far, I have an OME Heavy lift kit with Falken ATW3 285/75/16 tires, Northwest Trail Innovations front bumper, factory lockers, a Prinsu Design Studio full roof rack and a Freespirit Recreation roof top tent. Next up is a 4x4 labs rear bumper and a set of sliders. A winch and dual batteries are also on the list for the future.

I have a trip on the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail planned for August. I am hoping to have a couple rigs come along for the ride. If anyone is interested feel free to reach out.

12.19.16 118.JPG spider lake 079.JPG spider lake 074.JPG

Reactions: Levidale

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
Cool rig. That looks like spyder ohv trail.

Wave when you see a black jeep with an RTT, that is most likely me. I'm here in farmington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentureOverlandCo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lakeville MN
Member #

it
Cool rig. That looks like spyder ohv trail.

Wave when you see a black jeep with an RTT, that is most likely me. I'm here in farmington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was spider right before they closed for spring though.

I think i've seen you around. there are not many rigs with RTT's running around the twin cities at this point. If you know of someone looking for one, let me know. I am a dealer for Freespirit Recreation.

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
i was surprised i was the only one with an RTT in the last trail ride i did with the MOS folks. But then most are running solo, i won't be bothered with RTT myself. I roll with my wife + 2 kids and the RTT works the best for us.

I'll let a friend know, he owns an LC200 and he probably is now thinking the advantages of getting one after this last weekend trip. RTT rules when dispersed camping with the family.

REaboutBlank

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Saint Paul, MN
Member #

Hi Ryan!

Howdy and welcome!

I am actually an new member and new to the overlanding scene.

When were you planning your meet up? I am in the Saint Paul area and would love to meet-up.

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
Hi Ryan!

Howdy and welcome!

I am actually an new member and new to the overlanding scene.

When were you planning your meet up? I am in the Saint Paul area and would love to meet-up.
The Midwest Overland Society group is planning an informal expo meet (their 3rd year) at Backus, MN on Sep 15. Here's a link to expo
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/175009-Midwest-Overland-Society-Northwoods-Rendezvous-3-0

I would post it here but I won't be there to attend this event as well so hopefully other members of MOS on here can represent.

Reactions: REaboutBlank

VentureOverlandCo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lakeville MN
Member #

The Midwest Overland Society group is planning an informal expo meet (their 3rd year) at Backus, MN on Sep 15. Here's a link to expo
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/175009-Midwest-Overland-Society-Northwoods-Rendezvous-3-0

I would post it here but I won't be there to attend this event as well so hopefully other members of MOS on here can represent.

Hey there, I am not sure when my next trip will be. I had planned on running the Trans Wisconsin Trail this coming weekend, but some technical problems have come up. I need to replace my rear 3rd member in me LC80. I also noticed that my front inner axles seals have decided to not seal anymore.

This will be the second time that I will do this job in 3 years.....

I live in Lakeville. I am familiar with MOS. I have been able to make many of their meetings. The 16th of Sept is my anniversary. I don't think I'll be making it to Backus this year

Reactions: REaboutBlank

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
The price to pay in owning a classic -- just preventive maintenance :). I have a 1990 E30 which runs like a top with a little TLC so i get it haha.

I haven't made it to any of the meetings due to timing plus its way out there. I joined the group early this summer on a trail ride, gnarly, but great group of folks. Also, I won't be able to make Backus either, we'll be in a cabin in WI close to TWAT so we'll probably take a detour.

I'm just here in farmington. I also have a friend that just got an LC200 who I've been giving a hard time for not getting an LC80 :D.