New member from Copperas Cove Tx. Anybody going to the moab area this year?

• HTML tutorial

Ese Chuy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Texas
20180503_201711.jpg
Hello, Im glad I came across this organization. My name is Jesus im from Copperas Cove Tx. My goal is to one day travel from Moab to the Grand Canyon North Rim and hopefully to many other places in my lifetime. I hope I can find someone here to go with me that knows the area. My comanche truck is currently under construction but not too far from completion. Im fixing to install a 4.5" long arm lift kit im also doin the 4x4 conversion, WJ knuckle swap, 1 ton over the knuckle steering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Hillis

Rob Hillis

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio, TX
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Hillis
Member #

View attachment 55940
Hello, Im glad I came across this organization. My name is Jesus im from Copperas Cove Tx. My goal is to one day travel from Moab to the Grand Canyon North Rim and hopefully to many other places in my lifetime. I hope I can find someone here to go with me that knows the area. My comanche truck is currently under construction but not too far from completion. Im fixing to install a 4.5" long arm lift kit im also doin the 4x4 conversion, WJ knuckle swap, 1 ton over the knuckle steering.
Hello from San Antonio!

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Rob Hillis

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio, TX
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Hillis
Member #

Hello Rob. Any plans for some overlanding in the near future?
I do have a few plans. There's not much available here in Texas sadly. I'm jealous of those California boys. I do want to do the Black Gap Road and River Road in Big Bend. Looking forward to hitting up Hidden Falls Adventure Park. And there's a Overland route I fount on the Expedition Portal just West of Austin I want to hit up. How about you?

Ese Chuy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Texas
Im want to go
I do have a few plans. There's not much available here in Texas sadly. I'm jealous of those California boys. I do want to do the Black Gap Road and River Road in Big Bend. Looking forward to hitting up Hidden Falls Adventure Park. And there's a Overland route I fount on the Expedition Portal just West of Austin I want to hit up. How about you?
Hidden falls is an hr away from me. I guess I will go there first before I go on a real Overland trip. Maybenwe can meet there some day.

Reactions: Rob Hillis

Ese Chuy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Texas
Hey there Jesus, I was just in that area. I'm not from there so I had to research a lot, if you have any questions, let me know!
I was gonna go on October for the Cherokee's 35th anniversary event hosted by naxja there in Moab. Instead I'm gonna prepare a little more. I want to take the white rim trail and then take the other trail that takes you to the Grand canyon north rim. Im gonna see if I can find someone from here to go with me. Are you down? Lol the page below is my build page for my jeep comanche. Feel free to check it out. That will be my overland vehicle.

Rob Hillis

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio, TX
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Hillis
Member #

Im want to go

Hidden falls is an hr away from me. I guess I will go there first before I go on a real Overland trip. Maybenwe can meet there some day.
That would be awesome. I have zero 4wheeling experience so I figured I'd practice in a place like Hidden Falls.

Reactions: Ese Chuy

ToplessSpyders

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Jersey
Member #

I was gonna go on October for the Cherokee's 35th anniversary event hosted by naxja there in Moab. Instead I'm gonna prepare a little more. I want to take the white rim trail and then take the other trail that takes you to the Grand canyon north rim. Im gonna see if I can find someone from here to go with me. Are you down? Lol the page below is my build page for my jeep comanche. Feel free to check it out. That will be my overland vehicle.

Haha I would love to go out that way again, but I just got back. I'd be down next year possibly. Considering going back out there or to the NorthWest

ToplessSpyders

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Jersey
Member #

What trails do you plan to hit next year if you do go? Also what trails did you take this year?
This time I shipped the truck to Phoenix, ran north up to flagstaff, took a trail to colorado river in the grand canyon, then back east to the Paige area. From there I went to Zion, then back east through escalante. Then went to monument valley, then up north to canyonlands and ending at Moab. I spent two weeks and did A LOT of trails, both hiking and driving. If I come again, I'd do Utah and Colorado. Didn't get to do colorado at all cause there was still snow on the ground. I have my itinerary with links to trail maps and other info if you are interested I can pass it along to you.

Daniel

Reactions: Ese Chuy

Ese Chuy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Texas
This time I shipped the truck to Phoenix, ran north up to flagstaff, took a trail to colorado river in the grand canyon, then back east to the Paige area. From there I went to Zion, then back east through escalante. Then went to monument valley, then up north to canyonlands and ending at Moab. I spent two weeks and did A LOT of trails, both hiking and driving. If I come again, I'd do Utah and Colorado. Didn't get to do colorado at all cause there was still snow on the ground. I have my itinerary with links to trail maps and other info if you are interested I can pass it along to you.

Daniel
Thanks I would love to check it out. I have never gone that far west. My other dream destination would be Glacier National Park.