New member Fresno CA

• HTML tutorial

mrlee

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys!
Excited to explore this site and meet the community! I am very new to overlanding but not to traveling.

A few months back I went to Iceland and rented a 4x4 crossover. It was like driving on Hoth. It was crazy, shoveling snow, sliding on the road, dealing with the cold, scraping ice off the windshield and planning the day around the weather. ( I'm from California dudes!) The 4x4 really helped in during that trip. We (my girlfriend and I) traveled by vehicle across the entire country. It wasn't until after we got back home that we realized how much FUN we had adventuring. Sometimes it's like that, you know?

Anyways, I'm sure I will post more about other trips we've taken to western and central US in our little Chevy Cruise, however, I currently am without a vehicle. I am ready to buy but I'm waiting for that right one. I plan on getting a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. All I need is the right color and packages to be available locally.

I am from Fresno so I hope to meet more of you in the area. Hopefully that leads to camp-outs and day trail meetups if there aren't already some going on!

Thanks in advanced for all the welcomes!

- Art.

Reactions: Kent R and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys!
Excited to explore this site and meet the community! I am very new to overlanding but not to traveling.

A few months back I went to Iceland and rented a 4x4 crossover. It was like driving on Hoth. It was crazy, shoveling snow, sliding on the road, dealing with the cold, scraping ice off the windshield and planning the day around the weather. ( I'm from California dudes!) The 4x4 really helped in during that trip. We (my girlfriend and I) traveled by vehicle across the entire country. It wasn't until after we got back home that we realized how much FUN we had adventuring. Sometimes it's like that, you know?

Anyways, I'm sure I will post more about other trips we've taken to western and central US in our little Chevy Cruise, however, I currently am without a vehicle. I am ready to buy but I'm waiting for that right one. I plan on getting a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. All I need is the right color and packages to be available locally.

I am from Fresno so I hope to meet more of you in the area. Hopefully that leads to camp-outs and day trail meetups if there aren't already some going on!

- Art.
Hello Art and welcome to the OB crew...great Toy to start adventure platform with...look forward to seeing your adventures.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys!

- Art.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page fo events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Here is a local meet-up
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/central-valley-meet-up-fresno-ca-12-16-18-12-16-2018.20609/#post-279605