Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Congrats on the GX! Nice choice on the Ridge Grapplers. Would love to hear your thoughts on them related to road manners and noise.

I went with the Terras on my GX and am quite happy, but do love that more aggressive look.

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

Just a note these are initial impressions and having less than 3 hours driving on them. I will post up after 500 or so miles and update.
On looks alone I really like the new Ridge Grapplers. I got caught in a really bad FL storm on my way home from having the tires installed. For those who are familiar with heavy Florida rain you can understand. There was a lot of flooding and standing water. I was able to maintain 40 mph which was way to fast for the conditions with only minor hydroplaning. (very open road) This was a very good result from these tires. The water was BAD. (There was a river going across the road that flooded out a Honda Civic) So my first take on the tires is they have good wet handling and resist hydroplaning.

1. Tire size and stats: 265/60R18 114S XL (Load 2601) compared to old Bridgestone HP - (2300 ish) (RUNNING AT 36 COLD PSI)
2. These are FL roads so the NE or rust belt states with some pretty bad roads may have a different result - I did not notice any difference with ride harshness (wife confirmed). Currently, I would say same as stock - reminder they have less than 100 miles so time will tell.
3. WET Weather - See above post - Very good
4. Noise - I used the DB meter app on my phone.Stock I was getting 75-79 Db - NOW 76-80 Db - There is a different tonal quality that these tires give off. You hear a little higher pitch of road noise than the stock tires. However it is minimal. When the radio is on you do not hear tires. My biggest fear was the monster tire whine as you increase in speed. It does not happen.

Again these are NEW tires with less than 100 miles. Time will tell and and I will keep up the posts maybe after each oil change.

MORE TO COME after 500 miles

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Enjoy the Lexus! She is gonna be a sweet ride. I’ve got the J150 with the 1KD.

Reactions: Stepsride