New here.

• HTML tutorial

Dirtman

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi everyone, new to this forum. My name is Greg Santos, wife's name is Jennifer. We have been enjoying the outdoors for several years exploring and camping out west here. I really like off the beaten path travel but not Rubicon extreme. My current rig is a Nissan Titan XD built for adventure and bug out if need arise. We are trying to find a like minded community to hang with. I just got a ham radio and want to learn how to use it and also get licensed. We are in central California (atwater). Look forward to hearing from all of you.

Greg

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, new to this forum. My name is Greg Santos, wife's name is Jennifer. We have been enjoying the outdoors for several years exploring and camping out west here. I really like off the beaten path travel but not Rubicon extreme. My current rig is a Nissan Titan XD built for adventure and bug out if need arise. We are trying to find a like minded community to hang with. I just got a ham radio and want to learn how to use it and also get licensed. We are in central California (atwater). Look forward to hearing from all of you.

Greg
Welcome to Overland Bound Greg and Jennifer.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
The closest meet-up is north of you in Ripon and its very active.
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

Reactions: Dirtman

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Greg
That’s a nice looking truck! Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group had a busy 2020 and are starting to plan for 2021. The next meet up will be January 17th, 1-3pm at Stouffer Park in Ripon.

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Greg
Welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns please free to contact me anytime @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse through the New member threads for some very good information and it will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Keep an eye on the member calendar and the Rally Points thread for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities. These are great ways to get out and meet new people and learn new skills.

I look forward to meeting you out there in the near future.

Magic Mike