New guy in SE Oregon

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

Lakeview, OR, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Batty
Hi All! New guy here in Lakeview OR. As my handle suggests, my primary travel mode is a bicycle, but I've done quite a bit of motor vehicle based travel in the past, and looking to build up a rig to support my bike trips, something small, simple and fuel efficient to set up a base camp to ride from.

It would be great to hear from other members in my part of the country, and I am willing to offer whatever support I can to travelers in my area.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi All! New guy here in Lakeview OR. As my handle suggests, my primary travel mode is a bicycle, but I've done quite a bit of motor vehicle based travel in the past, and looking to build up a rig to support my bike trips, something small, simple and fuel efficient to set up a base camp to ride from.

It would be great to hear from other members in my part of the country, and I am willing to offer whatever support I can to travelers in my area.
Welcome! @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are the closest Member Reps to you (in the Willamette Valley).

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Make sure to check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map (super helpful).
-Our region (NorthWest) has a FB page you might consider joining.

Bike adventures seems so fun! My brother-in-law wants to do some.

If you haven't heard of it yet, there a big Overland Rally in Plain, WA every year (called the NW Overland Rally). They just released the dates as well. Hoping to make it and then plan a trip afterwards on the WABDR.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Welcome... I can tell you all about why you should use a Jeep WJ... but that "fuel efficient" part kind of kills it. ;)

-TJ

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey ya!
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you! We have a few trips being planned currently and a few on the books! We have a very active Facebook presence if interested. Overland Bound- Willamette Valley

My husband Roy and I are you local member reps and are happy to help whenever possible!

Reactions: Alex Brame

Jackman547

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

La Grande, Or
First Name
David
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

Welcome! @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are the closest Member Reps to you (in the Willamette Valley).

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Make sure to check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map (super helpful).
-Our region (NorthWest) has a FB page you might consider joining.

Bike adventures seems so fun! My brother-in-law wants to do some.

If you haven't heard of it yet, there a big Overland Rally in Plain, WA every year (called the NW Overland Rally). They just released the dates as well. Hoping to make it and then plan a trip afterwards on the WABDR.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
What’s the Facebook page? And when is the nw overland rally?

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman