First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Winterburn
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello!

I’m a new guy, new to all of it. I just joined OB. I’m brand new to overlanding. I’m currently on an Africa Twin AS DCT ADV. I live in the southern tier of NH, just outside Manchester. I have a lot of experience remote camping, and being off road on dirt bikes and ATVs, but I’m learning now how to combine everything.

Thank You!

Reactions: Padams7

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Welcome man! I’m down in Florida but frequent Maine at times. I’ll be up there in July, looking to add this years t-shirt to the collection!

Attachments

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

We just did a Meetup for NH folks in Franklin, NH. We're hoping to do another next month, so stay tuned!

We're expecting the season to start early due to little snow this past winter. I'm watching for the gates to open up and allow us some overnight runs. Still I expect the gates to open mid-May..We can only hope for earlier.

I'm out of Auburn (east of Manchester) as is another OB member. I've worked out some tracks from Auburn to the northern most point of NH in Pittsburg (Rhubarb Pond). That run is a 4 day run with loads of dirt involved!

3 routes I figure you may already know of are: Flatlander, Hamster & the NEBDR. I've been of many sections of each as they tend to run some of the best areas/roads in NH. This year I intend on running more of those routes to intentionally see more of them. Most of 'my' routes/tracks stubble on each of them.

Hope to catch up with you this season. That is if you're willing to run with 4 wheeled folks.

NHMachinist

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin NH
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Minzner
Member #

Welcome , I'm in NH also, Franklin . RJ Howell pretty much covered the information from last weekend and upcoming.

ArJayDubbaU

Rank V

Traveler III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Winterburn
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
We just did a Meetup for NH folks in Franklin, NH. We're hoping to do another next month, so stay tuned!

We're expecting the season to start early due to little snow this past winter. I'm watching for the gates to open up and allow us some overnight runs. Still I expect the gates to open mid-May..We can only hope for earlier.

I'm out of Auburn (east of Manchester) as is another OB member. I've worked out some tracks from Auburn to the northern most point of NH in Pittsburg (Rhubarb Pond). That run is a 4 day run with loads of dirt involved!

3 routes I figure you may already know of are: Flatlander, Hamster & the NEBDR. I've been of many sections of each as they tend to run some of the best areas/roads in NH. This year I intend on running more of those routes to intentionally see more of them. Most of 'my' routes/tracks stubble on each of them.

Hope to catch up with you this season. That is if you're willing to run with 4 wheeled folks.
Hey guys,

Thank you very much to both of you guys for the nice welcome, and the very generous offer to go out with you guys. I’m in! That would be great to get out with you guys and get my feet wet. I have heard of those routes, but just from reading about them. I’ve been watching, and re-watching the NEBDR movie. That route looks awesome!

Depending on schedule I can do a few trips, especially that 4 day. That’s probably a great chance to really dive in. If your willing to put up with a novice, I’m willing to run with you 4 wheeled folks.

Much appreciated! Keep me posted on when and where.

RJW

ArJayDubbaU

Rank V

Traveler III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Winterburn
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome man! I’m down in Florida but frequent Maine at times. I’ll be up there in July, looking to add this years t-shirt to the collection!
Thank you!

I don’t know that specific bar, but I’m always up to find a new one. Let me know when you’re around. Safe travels.

RJW

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Just added you to the NH group texting. You should be able to back trace it and see some of the .gpx files I've posted. This is where I hope NH folk will come and post up runs. We have an early one you'll see setup there.

ArJayDubbaU

Rank V

Traveler III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Reggie
Last Name
Winterburn
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just added you to the NH group texting. You should be able to back trace it and see some of the .gpx files I've posted. This is where I hope NH folk will come and post up runs. We have an early one you'll see setup there.
Thanks! Yes, I just finished catching up what you’re planning for next week

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Welcome to the Group. From over in Western Maine just across the Border in Bethel/Woodstock area. @RJ Howell can be a great resource for NH and parts of Maine.