Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I've decided to get a multi-terrain electric bike (Sondors X) so am selling my new motorized mountain bike. I started with a professionally built motorized bike and was adding new tires, front springer shock fork, disc brake, new seat, etc when the electric bike came across my bow.

This motobike has:
- Brand new gas engine on Raleigh mountain bike frame
- Brand new springer front shock
- Brand new disc brake on front
- Brand new tires
- Brand new bike rack that will accept panniers
- New seat, extra handlebar if needed, other goodies like bullet light for the front, extra inner tube, bike tools, etc

mymtnmotobike-170701_9534.JPG

My plan was to use this bike for add'l transportation once basecamp is set up, and to use for fishing and light photography ventures, etc. I've decide the ebike will be a lot quieter and allow me to sneak up on wildlife a lot better. The Sondors is also a fat-tire bike, meaning I can ride in sand, snow, and dirt a lot easier.

The motobike weighs maybe 50lbs and is easily lifted in and out of my vehicle. You can still peddle a motobike, or use it with the engine. To get it going, you simply peddle to about 5-7mph (ten pumps or so of the pedals, really) then let out the clutch (on the handlebar like a brake handle) and use the throttle (other handle). Has a kill switch to stop when done riding.

I love this thing, really, very peppy, very handy, but in the end too noisy for what I want to do. It would also be the only gas-fueled thing I run with. The ebike will be easier in both regards.

Attached is a photo I took while adding things. If seriously interested, I'm happy to take a bunch of new photos, close-ups, and provide any other details you might want.

DELIVERY:
I'm heading out from the coast of Maine this weekend for a long roundabout trip to upstate NY, WI, OH, OK, and TX. I'm more than happy to deliver this bike in person if you are within reasonable distance of my route.

Price is $900 delivered, to recoup only what I have in it so far.

Good opportunity for anyone wanting a reasonable backup tool for off-road.

PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: PinnaclePete