Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

New York
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Temme
Hi all! As I assume a lot of you are, I love some good beer. I live in New York and have been to about every brewery on Long Island (where I live). I have been to a handful of breweries outside of Long Island, but I want to visit more. Thinking about planning a giant beer run and going on an overlanding adventure around the New England area to hit some cool breweries in the area. What are your favorites? I will be leaving out of Long Island and do have the option to take the ferry to essentially start in Connecticut. What are your favorite spots, trails, and campsites? All the help would be great!

Americonium

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

I give this brewery at 3 thumbs up... http://www.brocklebankvt.com/
This one get's four, due to it's proximity to Big Fatty's BBQ... River Roost Brewery
The Worthy Chain https://www.worthyvermont.com/ offers up tons of taps and great, no, ridiculously great food. Highly recommend.

If you're looking for places to stay, there's Coolidge State Forest, Green Mountain National Forest, and I know of a couple of hidey holes that you could stay the night if you're fully rigged up.

Good luck on your trip.

Nerdhotrod

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

CT
Member #

Hi all! As I assume a lot of you are, I love some good beer. I live in New York and have been to about every brewery on Long Island (where I live). I have been to a handful of breweries outside of Long Island, but I want to visit more. Thinking about planning a giant beer run and going on an overlanding adventure around the New England area to hit some cool breweries in the area. What are your favorites? I will be leaving out of Long Island and do have the option to take the ferry to essentially start in Connecticut. What are your favorite spots, trails, and campsites? All the help would be great!
Being from CT I’ll say we have great food/beer available..... camping and trails are fairly lacking.

Depending on what ferry depends on what breweries.

Bridgeport Ferry:
Two Roads is about 5 minutes away, not my fav beer but the facility is amazing and worth a look.

Head north on RT15 and check out NEBCO and Counter Weight, both VERY good. Both just outside of new haven.

If you’re a sour fan OEC in Oxford is incredible and worth a slight detour.

If you have time, stop in new haven for pizza.

New London Ferry :

Beer’d is 100% with a look, so is Outer Lights.

For food out that way Engine Room and Oyster Club in mystic is the way to go.

Either way from there... head north out of CT!

Tree house would be an obvious stop in MA, then prepare to be overwhelmed with breweries in VT....

I suggest getting to a well know beer spot (worthy burger, black back, pro pig), try some local beers and then hit the breweries you like from there.

Paved roads in VT, if you’ve never road tripped RT100, you should! Off-road stuff in VT is fairly well documented with a google search. Class 4 and forest roads are available is almost every area.

Reactions: Americonium

03taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

New York
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Temme
Being from CT I’ll say we have great food/beer available..... camping and trails are fairly lacking.

Depending on what ferry depends on what breweries.

Bridgeport Ferry:
Two Roads is about 5 minutes away, not my fav beer but the facility is amazing and worth a look.

Head north on RT15 and check out NEBCO and Counter Weight, both VERY good. Both just outside of new haven.

If you’re a sour fan OEC in Oxford is incredible and worth a slight detour.

If you have time, stop in new haven for pizza.

New London Ferry :

Beer’d is 100% with a look, so is Outer Lights.

For food out that way Engine Room and Oyster Club in mystic is the way to go.

Either way from there... head north out of CT!

Tree house would be an obvious stop in MA, then prepare to be overwhelmed with breweries in VT....

I suggest getting to a well know beer spot (worthy burger, black back, pro pig), try some local beers and then hit the breweries you like from there.

Paved roads in VT, if you’ve never road tripped RT100, you should! Off-road stuff in VT is fairly well documented with a google search. Class 4 and forest roads are available is almost every area.
Great information. This trip is gonna be so sick lol I love Two Roads and didn't know it was in Connecticut!

Reactions: Americonium