New Colors - Need a Paint Job

• HTML tutorial

Tyler Gibson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Petersburg, Virginia
Member #

So right up front, does anyone know of a quality Auto Body Paint Shop in the Richmond/Petersburg, Virginia?

Started finally building up the rig from just a 4x4 machine, and I figure before I get too deep into the mods, I should start at the base and get it repainted. Peeled off the factory side skirts and found some surface rust. It's nothing major, but I figure I could save some money if I didnt have bumpers, sliders, roof racks, lights, etc all over for the painter to work around.

Truly appreciate all the help.

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Ok, I am not in your area but I looked into something similar for mine. I wanted to stop the rust and get it repainted. Admittedly, the shop I consulted has done custom paint on vehicles that have gone to SEMA. He quoted me $7500. My jaw almost hit the ground. Needless to say I am still just living with the rust. Maybe when that lottery investment pays off.
Good luck to you.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I find local mom and pops that do the job for a reasonable price... I rattle canned the plastic cladding myself after my pro guy did the minor body work, then painted all the steel. The new color is close enough to the original champagne color so I didn't bother getting the door jambs done. Two grand covered it and for what it is, (a rig I use all the time) this kind of job is plenty good enough. Here is an image just after I finished my part.

Attachments