Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
After 20 years without a camera, my Canon T6 arrived today. Bought the body only and ordered an EF 50mm F 1.8 STM lens separately. It's a basic camera with good glass. I wanted something to take the occasional picture but, would also be fairly simple to take a video.(borrowed my daughter's GoPro and hated it.) So many places in the back country are "the whole place" and a single view doesn't capture the memory, thus the desire to take videos. Also, I'm planning a bucket list trip to Alaska in 2020, and I wanted to bring back lots of videos and pics. It may end up being my only Alaska adventure and I'll probably end up using a boatload of SD cards. I would like to add a 135mm telephoto or a 200mm telephoto but haven't found affordable options. Strange, I had both with my 35mm Nikon and Pentax. Guess they've gone out of popularity. I was looking forward to going to the Talladega National Forest this weekend to break it in but forecast calls for storms all weekend. Sigh. Maybe after the 1st.
Canon T6.jpg

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Canon Rebel is the small block Chevy of the camera world. Great choice.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

After 20 years without a camera, my Canon T6 arrived today. Bought the body only and ordered an EF 50mm F 1.8 STM lens separately. It's a basic camera with good glass. I wanted something to take the occasional picture but, would also be fairly simple to take a video.(borrowed my daughter's GoPro and hated it.) So many places in the back country are "the whole place" and a single view doesn't capture the memory, thus the desire to take videos. Also, I'm planning a bucket list trip to Alaska in 2020, and I wanted to bring back lots of videos and pics. It may end up being my only Alaska adventure and I'll probably end up using a boatload of SD cards. I would like to add a 135mm telephoto or a 200mm telephoto but haven't found affordable options. Strange, I had both with my 35mm Nikon and Pentax. Guess they've gone out of popularity. I was looking forward to going to the Talladega National Forest this weekend to break it in but forecast calls for storms all weekend. Sigh. Maybe after the 1st.
View attachment 132519
Cool cool...always great to get back into a creative habit. Here's hoping you are able to get out and use it as much as you hope!

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Check out B&H used department for used lens I've had some great luck getting like new equipment for fraction of the cost.
B&H photo used lens