McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
Was working on a 2000 ford expedition with a 5.4L for a friend of mine. We put new intake gaskets, injectors, plugs and coil packs but now it cranks and wont start. Anyone else run a 5.4 have any ideas?

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Was working on a 2000 ford expedition with a 5.4L for a friend of mine. We put new intake gaskets, injectors, plugs and coil packs but now it cranks and wont start. Anyone else run a 5.4 have any ideas?
Later reply, but do you have fuel and spark? How many miles ?were you guys doing maintenance or trying to address an issue?

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
Later reply, but do you have fuel and spark? How many miles ?were you guys doing maintenance or trying to address an issue?
Has fuel and spark and only 120k I believe and we were replacing the intake gaskets so while we were at it did the plugs coils and injectors

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
You might double check the fuel pump because electricity your injectors will turn on and work but of they arnt spraying fuel...
We have fuel pressure to the rail at 36 psi and can hear the fuel pump kick on

Jeephunter

Rank 0

Contributor I

Windsor, CO, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Brown
We have fuel pressure to the rail at 36 psi and can hear the fuel pump kick on
Ok that's good well dang man that's tough everything else is so strait forward well I'd love to know what you guys end up doing with it I'll let ya know if I think of anything.

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
Ok that's good well dang man that's tough everything else is so strait forward well I'd love to know what you guys end up doing with it I'll let ya know if I think of anything.
I appreciate the help buy yeah it's so strange!! Ran when we pulled it into the garage just had a miss fire because what got around the plugs from the intake gaskets leaking so we fixed all that and now won't fire at all. Kinda like the timing is off but never messed with it so I'm at a total loss. I though maybe cheap injectors so we switched it back to old and still nothin lol

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Sounds like all the symptoms I had with my other car. 2k out of pocket (including new battery), a month and a half wait, and a new engine later, I was back on the road. Hope you have been luck than I did. I had some sort of engine scoring at the #2 coil pack they were concerned about.

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
Sounds like all the symptoms I had with my other car. 2k out of pocket (including new battery), a month and a half wait, and a new engine later, I was back on the road. Hope you have been luck than I did. I had some sort of engine scoring at the #2 coil pack they were concerned about.
Hopefully not the case. It's just weird that it ran and now doesnt

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

These had issues with the timing chain tensioner seals blowing out, fairly common issue. Hear any chain noise? Was the check engine light due just misfire or were other codes listed?

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Usually have to check oil pressure to verify if this an issue. May be able to pull the passenger valve cover and see if you have any slop on the chain.

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
These had issues with the timing chain tensioner seals blowing out, fairly common issue. Hear any chain noise? Was the check engine light due just misfire or were other codes listed?
It don't hear any chain noise and codes were only for mis fires no other codes