Woodbridge, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Cimoli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6UDC
I have a 2018 Tundra 1794. I am trying to figure out what lift kit would be best. I am looking for a 3-6in lift (full suspension), where I can fit 35" tires under it. I am looking to do mostly trails and some overlanding. I have some research and I am trying to figure out what is best. I like the Icon setup from what I can read. Any information or help would be great and a shop in that does quality work. I am located in the Lodi area of the central valley of California, so driving to Sacramento would be fine as well. Thanks again.

reno464

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sacramento
Member #

I have a 2018 Tundra 1794. I am trying to figure out what lift kit would be best. I am looking for a 3-6in lift (full suspension), where I can fit 35" tires under it. I am looking to do mostly trails and some overlanding. I have some research and I am trying to figure out what is best. I like the Icon setup from what I can read. Any information or help would be great and a shop in that does quality work. I am located in the Lodi area of the central valley of California, so driving to Sacramento would be fine as well. Thanks again.
DUDE! SAW YOUR POST WAS UNANSWERED, I'm in Rsncho Cordova and I just picked up a 2019 tundra trd because the wife wanted to trade in the Infiniti g37 that used premium for something that used regular gas and she choose the tundra. She also said this our next desert build. [emoji33] [emoji1] I'm both shocked and out of my pants excited. I'm thinking long travel, 4.88 gears, arb lockers F/R, 37s, fiber fenders, rear cage for RTT, and front and rear high clearance bumpers with dual real swing out. After that I dont think the the tundra will be able to stop once the go juice pedal is put to the floor. I had the 2002 Sequioa with just center lock and 33s and she was unstoppable under a 1500lb load. So, I doubt the tundra will be any differant. Hit me up if you wanna talk build ideas

Reactions: Ridge Runner Tundra

Ridge Runner Tundra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Woodbridge, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Cimoli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6UDC
Good Afternoon, That sounds like a great build, where are you getting the gears and the arb locker installed? I let my wife choose the truck as well, lol. You are just north of my. I am up in your neck of the woods every so offten due to work or fun. I know my build is gonna take some time, but I do have some plans to run the back roads ond forest roads, then some desert, etc..

reno464

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sacramento
Member #

Good Afternoon, That sounds like a great build, where are you getting the gears and the arb locker installed? I let my wife choose the truck as well, lol. You are just north of my. I am up in your neck of the woods every so offten due to work or fun. I know my build is gonna take some time, but I do have some plans to run the back roads ond forest roads, then some desert, etc..
Still researching the whole gear change item because my jeep guy hates toyotas...go figure. So there is a place is Stockton that I know deals with all that stuff that I might go for my gear change. Trying to find a place that can do both the rear locker and the 4wd gear change is proving to be difficult without being super expensive. But, I know its suspension first, wheels/tires second, overland bumpers and bed setup third and then gears and locker last. After alot of research on the long travel I am kind leaning towards just a regular lift. I dont know yet if the fiberglass fenders are going to be a good idea since this will mostly be a trail and tow monster.