Enthusiast I

Holly Springs, NC, USA
First Name
Izat
Last Name
Dagher
Member #

Hello Fellows,

I keep getting jealous of all the events planned in the west and southwest region. I moved in 2020 to Raleigh NC and haven't had a chance to explore much around because of COVID-19.

Lets get together and plan cool trips and events in our region!

I know with the whole COVID-19 social distancing it may be tough, but its as easy as if you feel sick or have symptoms, you may want to stay home.

This region is massive and it would be very difficult to get everyone to one spot. So maybe we can plan a few events in different areas.

I would be happy to help with logistics but I wouldn't know where there are cool spots.

Ronin1057

Rank II

Contributor III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Username Ronin1057
Member #

Im thinking Cherokee National Forest after an overlanding meet and greet I’m going to next weekend in Townsend

Last edited:

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I'll keep an eye on this post. I will be more open after April 1 at which time I'm looking at an OBX trip. I'm fairly flexible and would love to explore some new areas and see what rigs and equipment ya'll are running.

Ronin1057

Rank II

Contributor III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Username Ronin1057
Member #

We’re all some what close, I’m flexible anytime. Do you guys want to plan something for April or May?

Western

Rank V

Member II

Johns Creek, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Bowman
Member #

As a WCU grad, I wish I had done some overlanding during my undergrad around that area. I’ve done a lot of GA in my OB, even stock height, so I need to find some challenges in WNC!

Extraterrestrial_GX

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Holly Springs, NC, USA
First Name
Izat
Last Name
Dagher
Member #

I'm glad we have some interest. Let's how many would be interested in an event the weekend of April 2nd. Maybe meet around Linville and then head out to surrounding trails maybe headout to Waynesville area for the second night. Just spit balling here. Input much welcome!

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I'm glad we have some interest. Let's how many would be interested in an event the weekend of April 2nd. Maybe meet around Linville and then head out to surrounding trails maybe headout to Waynesville area for the second night. Just spit balling here. Input much welcome!
That's Easter weekend, so a hard no. But the other weeks in April sound good.

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Hello Fellows,

I keep getting jealous of all the events planned in the west and southwest region. I moved in 2020 to Raleigh NC and haven't had a chance to explore much around because of COVID-19.

Lets get together and plan cool trips and events in our region!

I know with the whole COVID-19 social distancing it may be tough, but its as easy as if you feel sick or have symptoms, you may want to stay home.

This region is massive and it would be very difficult to get everyone to one spot. So maybe we can plan a few events in different areas.

I would be happy to help with logistics but I wouldn't know where there are cool spots.
We are headed out for several trips in the coming months. July and August are too darn hot around here :weary: we were in Georgia a couple weeks ago yikes.

Anyway we are headed to Carolina Beach in September, more of a chilling on the beach trip. Overland Expo East and Roof Top Tent Rally in October in Virginia.

This trip will involve some offroad exploration in South Carolina/North Carolina

DM me if you want more information

Reactions: Jwbuild

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
I'm looking for some easy overlanding locations in NC I can do with my family of 5. Right now, stock Ford Explorer AWD with a small cargo trailer for gear. The more difficult off-roading will come later after we get some experience. Open to any ideas for NC destinations/trips.
Try Old NC 105 in the Linville Falls area. There are dispersed sites along the road that are 1st come, 1st served as well as more established sites in the area. The road is easy and there are plenty of things to see.

Reactions: Jwbuild