(1) Offshoot Natl Forest Rd that goes off the right (35.7983501, -81.9271654). It runs around 2.9 miles & crosses Shoals Creek & Sandy Branch. Doesn’t appear to connect to anything. Just an out & back.
(2) Pinnacle Trailhead - hiking (35.8223084, -81.9303861)
(3) Offshoot road, unknown name off to the left (35.8370888, -81.9283557). The road has a few spaced out structures, but it goes for 4.3 miles & ends in a turn-around w/ a big adjacent clearing. Doesn’t appear to be agriculture & it’s too far away from anything for livestock.
(4) Pinchin Trailhead - hiking (35.8515156, -81.9176516)
(5) Rock Jock Trailhead - hiking (35.8582508, -81.9168433)
(6) Conley Cove Trailhead - hiking (35.8901637, -81.9062835
(7) Wiseman’s Scenic Overlook. We will have to branch off the trail to the right (35.9055355, -81.9103520)
(8) Babel Tower Trailhead - hiking (35.9185626, -81.9195500)
(9) Pine Gap Trail at Linville Gorge - hiking (35.9410424, -81.9319059)
(10) FINISHING LINE - Linville Falls Trailhead (35.9501905, -81.9335477) There is a big parking lot there.
If you’re car can get 200 miles of regular driving on a tank of gas you shouldn’t have to worry about jerry cans. This is a very light trail so I wouldn’t worry about carrying any serious recovery gear, but temper action w/ wisdom. I’m not carrying trax or snatch blocks - but I will be carrying a tow rope, tire repair kit, & an inflatable jack. I doubt low-range will need to be called upon.
View Rally Point