Denver, Colorado, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
W
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0TXQ
Hi, I'm Nate, I currently live in Denver, CO, I help admin a Facebook group called Offroading Subarus of Colorado, a fairly small community of Subaru enthusiasts who like to push the limits of our vehicles on trails around Denver/Boulder. I am fairly new to overlanding, but have been wheelin my entire life. Came from a fully built (SAS, dual-cases, exo cage, 37s) Ford Ranger.

I currently drive a 2.5" lifted 2015 Subaru Forester w/CVT:

2inch SUMO Parts lift kit
Standard height King Springs
215/75r15 KO2's on Method MR502's
Full Primitive Racing skid plates
Class III Hitch w/shackle adapter
Pope Overland Expedition 2-person roof top tent
Mounted on a Rhino Rack medium mesh rack onto my Yakima Timberline towers + round steel crossbars

Lots of recovery gear, tools, spares in the trunk at all times.

Currently a ham, using an AnyTone 878UV and a few Baofengs, our group likes to use the cheapo walkie talkies to communicate on the trails, since they're cheap, easy to use, and I always have like 8 extras in the car. :)

Please feel free to check out our Website @ https://offroadingsubarusofcolorado.com/ , Follow me on the ol' Instagram @ Thegoatforester, or simply message me here! Always willing to help others with their cars/mods/ideas/etc.

Thanks for havin me!IMG_3660.JPG
IMG_3278.JPG
65549882_2143243075968180_499625793127710720_n.jpgIMG_3209.JPG61537632_323441315221718_97994154214162432_n.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi, I'm Nate, I currently live in Denver, CO, I help admin a Facebook group called Offroading Subarus of Colorado, a fairly small community of Subaru enthusiasts who like to push the limits of our vehicles on trails around Denver/Boulder. I am fairly new to overlanding, but have been wheelin my entire life. Came from a fully built (SAS, dual-cases, exo cage, 37s) Ford Ranger.

Mounted on a Rhino Rack medium mesh rack onto my Yakima Timberline towers + round steel crossbars

Currently a ham, using an AnyTone 878UV and a few Baofengs, our group likes to use the cheapo walkie talkies to communicate on the trails, since they're cheap, easy to use, and I always have like 8 extras in the car. :)

Please feel free to check out our Website @ https://offroadingsubarusofcolorado.com/ , Follow me on the ol' Instagram @ Thegoatforester, or simply message me here! Always willing to help others with their cars/mods/ideas/etc.

Thanks for havin me!View attachment 110121
View attachment 110119
View attachment 110116View attachment 110117View attachment 110118
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rig and setup. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Currently sitting in your neck of the woods for the first annual ROCKY MOUNTAIN overland RALLY in Gunnison Colorado. Kicks off tomorrow through the 4th. It's at the 1 Bar Ranch.

Reactions: NateWW35

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Welcome to Overland Bound Nate! I’m glad you found your way here. I see you already found the registry so that saves me a copy/paste haha. Looking forward to seeing some of your OSCO adventures as well as perhaps a build thread.

• Love

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 110119
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Cendee and NateWW35

NateWW35

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Denver, Colorado, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
W
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0TXQ
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rig and setup. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Currently sitting in your neck of the woods for the first annual ROCKY MOUNTAIN overland RALLY in Gunnison Colorado. Kicks off tomorrow through the 4th. It's at the 1 Bar Ranch.
Thank you! I would've gone to the RMOR, but sadly we have been planning a group camping trip in Lost Park since earlier in the year. :( Definitely wanting to go next year.!

Hey @NateWW35 , welcome to Overland Bound! Great looking Forester! Nice setup!
Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

Welcome to Overland Bound Nate! I’m glad you found your way here. I see you already found the registry so that saves me a copy/paste haha. Looking forward to seeing some of your OSCO adventures as well as perhaps a build thread.
Thanks Drew! Just posted up in the builds section! Thanks for the suggestion!

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Thanks Kent! I will look into some local info!

TooGouda

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Utah, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
G
Ham/GMRS Callsign
N9JWL
Sweet build man! If you ever head over to Utah let me know and we can try to have a few of the Utah Subaru crew meet up to play :D

• Love

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

View attachment 110119
Welcome to the family. Keep an eye on the Rally Points for the Rocky Mountain Region.

Go here for everything else Rocky Mountain: U.S. Rocky Mountain (MT ND SD NE KS CO UT WY)

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

View attachment 110119
My 2016 Subaru Forester is bone stock and am currently getting 29 mpg. What sort of gas mileage hit did you take doing the lift, wheels and tires?

NateWW35

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Denver, Colorado, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
W
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0TXQ
My 2016 Subaru Forester is bone stock and am currently getting 29 mpg. What sort of gas mileage hit did you take doing the lift, wheels and tires?
Lift alone, maybe 1mpg less if any.

Lift+tires+wheels, maybe 4mpg loss.

With everything (tent included), I'm getting a pretty solid 19mpg no matter what here in Denver, and I drive it hard -- So about 8-10mpg loss depending on how you drive.

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

What where you getting before the mods and the car was stock? This will help
Me rule out different driveling styles and flat Florida roads