Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Hello all -

I am looking into sliders or something that will give me better protection than my OE running boards. Anyone have or had the N-Fab sidesteps on your rig? How did they hold up off-road? Do they get hung up on the trail? My options are slim on my platform 03 Suburban and N-Fab is one of the only options rest are tubular steps or full-length running boards.

Thanks,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
Can't say much on if they function well or how stout they are but they look good. Do you have a welding/fabrication shop near you? If the options are slim a good fab shop could probably build you some hell for stout sliders. They may even be able to powder coat them.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Reactions: boss324

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I have heard a lot of the years that they do get hung up on objects since they are not a flat surface to slide over the obstacles.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

I have heard a lot of the years that they do get hung up on objects since they are not a flat surface to slide over the obstacles.
That is what I figured. Also looking into N-fab lund rock rails series it appears they are available for Silverado...the search continues. I wouldn't mind swapping out my running boards for the N-Fab as it would be better protection and will get hung up less???

Jaydub514

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rangsipat
Member #

The N-Fab side steps are more like rugged looking running boards than actual protection giving rock sliders. Like others have mentioned they could end up causing more damage Off Road if they get hung up and crunched against the rockers!

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Thanks all for the feedback will be looking for a local shop to fab some up for me. Unless lund or nfab rock rails workout..

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

I have looked into the Lund Rock Rails for my F-150 and all the hands-on experience I found said they wouldn't support weight. They basically just protect the rocker panels from debris getting kicked up on the trail. From what I saw in pictures they DO NOT attach to the frame, instead they connect to the body? I'm not sure, but if I ever need sliders I will find a fab shop to make a stout set.

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Thanks all for the feedback will be looking for a local shop to fab some up for me. Unless lund or nfab rock rails workout..

I have looked into the Lund Rock Rails for my F-150 and all the hands-on experience I found said they wouldn't support weight. They basically just protect the rocker panels from debris getting kicked up on the trail. From what I saw in pictures they DO NOT attach to the frame, instead they connect to the body? I'm not sure, but if I ever need sliders I will find a fab shop to make a stout set.
Check out my build thread and see what I'm doing for sliders on my Raptor, the design may work for the Suburban and will for sure work for your F-150

DieselPilot

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Georgia and Florida
Member #

I had both N-fab steps and N-fab Rkr rails on a GMC Sierra, I don't think they make the Rkr rails for the Suburban. While the Rkr rails were definitely made out of a much heavier and thicker metal they still weren't a true rock rail. Both mounted to the body and not the frame and would cause significant body damage if used for a rock slider.
Only option I ever found was to have someone custom fab me a set.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

I had both N-fab steps and N-fab Rkr rails on a GMC Sierra, I don't think they make the Rkr rails for the Suburban. While the Rkr rails were definitely made out of a much heavier and thicker metal they still weren't a true rock rail. Both mounted to the body and not the frame and would cause significant body damage if used for a rock slider.
Only option I ever found was to have someone custom fab me a set.
The search continues...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk