Mystery Lift!

• HTML tutorial

Jrfelkins

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN
Member #

I just purchased this 2008 JKU. It’s my first Jeep. I want to build it up to be an Overland rig. How do I determine how much it’s lifted? Those are 35” tires on 20” Mall Crawler rims. I’ve already sold those tire/rim combos and replaced them with 17” basic steel rims and 33” NITTO Ridge Grapplers. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

JKScofield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

17812 Regentview Ave. Bellflower, Ca 90706
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Scofield
Member #

You’re sitting about the same height as I am... 3.5” lift with 35s on 17s. I’m about 24” to the top of the same style running board at the front passenger side.

Good choice on ditching the mall crawler rims since you can’t air down for traction and protect the rims at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

talt2008

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cleveland, OH
Member #

I just purchased this 2008 JKU. It’s my first Jeep. I want to build it up to be an Overland rig. How do I determine how much it’s lifted? Those are 35” tires on 20” Mall Crawler rims. I’ve already sold those tire/rim combos and replaced them with 17” basic steel rims and 33” NITTO Ridge Grapplers. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Just pull up to a dealership with a stock one in the lot and use a tape measure. Here are a couple pics of my 2door measurements when it was stock. 1st one is front 2nd is rear. I would guess the 2 and 4 door would be pretty similar height. Mine was a willys so it had 255 75 r17 tires20180101_161148.jpeg20180101_161139.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Jrfelkins

JKScofield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

17812 Regentview Ave. Bellflower, Ca 90706
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Scofield
Member #

Talt2008 has a great idea. Just keep in mind that you will need to compensate for the difference in tire size also. My 35’s are about 3” taller than Talt2008’s 255/75/17s, but that’s not a 3” lift... just bigger tires.

And Talt2008... please send that snow down to Southern California... it’s flipping hot (100f today) out here!!

talt2008

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Cleveland, OH
Member #

Talt2008 has a great idea. Just keep in mind that you will need to compensate for the difference in tire size also. My 35’s are about 3” taller than Talt2008’s 255/75/17s, but that’s not a 3” lift... just bigger tires.

And Talt2008... please send that snow down to Southern California... it’s flipping hot (100f today) out here!!

The past 3 weeks out here have been hot and humid so I can almost relate. I'll try and push the snow your way when it comes back around

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Better to measure from center of wheel to fender, so the tire type and size does not influence the measurements.
My 14JKUR was 20inch front (coils #17) and 21inch rear (coils #60, factory HD towing package) when stock from factory. With OME 2" HD coils I'm at 23inch both front and rear (with full width front steel bumper and winch).

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

so I finally measured my Jeep. Center of hub to bottom of fender is about 24”. What does that tell me about the lift? Thanks!!
You still get compliments from ladies for your 3", just not as many as the 3.5" guy. [emoji106]
Look on the bright side: you can get more fatties in, being a bit "lowered". [emoji23]

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Better to measure from center of wheel to fender, so the tire type and size does not influence the measurements.
My 14JKUR was 20inch front (coils #17) and 21inch rear (coils #60, factory HD towing package) when stock from factory. With OME 2" HD coils I'm at 23inch both front and rear (with full width front steel bumper and winch).
This is how engineers designing lift systems do it, center of hub 90 degrees up to finder lip. Issue is finding a stock one, same year with no mods to compare it to.