Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
A package showed up today from the laser cutter, Phase 1 brackets and tabs.

20191015_152125_001.jpg

20191015_152120.jpg20191015_152157.jpg

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
Got the bed brackets bent up today.... Discovered a few minor adjustments that will likely get done at final assembly.

20191016_121750.jpg

20191016_121743.jpg
20191016_121728.jpg

I may need to extend the bolt slots a bit.

20191016_121736.jpg

Top of the bracket is a hair longer than I would like, once the bed bars are welded on I may trim this a bit to keep it flush with the bed side.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Did you break all the pieces?

You don't need to extend or shorten anything, you need to relocate the break to move the slot down and the outer tab in.

I don't know what you paid for those, but I'd start over and save those for another project.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Nice job!
Do you mind saying who you are using for the laser table work?

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
Any updates, the suspense is killing me
yea me too LMAO...

I need to find the time where my time and the time of the guy who is helping with the tube bending and welding to get the final part done, Probelms is we both work hitch work, so not only do our days off need to match up. we need to have the free time. I may end up buying a tube bender and die set though.

TNjohn

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Kingston, TN, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Caudle
Member #

Yeah, you guys are going to have to get focused and stop worrying about sleep and stuff. LOL

I can't wait to see the final product. Looking great so far.

Reactions: Pyrotech

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
Yea tried telling my boss he needs to pay me to stay at home so I can finish this... he just laughed and told me to get my ass back to work.

I may try and pick up my own tube bender soon(ish). Would also need to get my garage cleaned up and dust off the welder and get practice In. Been ages since i did much welding

Reactions: TNjohn

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
Yeah, you guys are going to have to get focused and stop worrying about sleep and stuff. LOL

I can't wait to see the final product. Looking great so far.
looks like this is going to die the slow death, or at least long term life support until I can get a tube bender bought. I was hoping it would have been finished weeks ago, but life has gotten in the way.

NissanX_SA

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Antonio
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Evert
looks like this is going to die the slow death, or at least long term life support until I can get a tube bender bought. I was hoping it would have been finished weeks ago, but life has gotten in the way.
Life seems to always get in the way at times, especially this time of year. When it does get finished it is going to be awesome on the truck. Good luck finding time

Reactions: Pyrotech

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Why not use square or rectangle tube? Some 1X3 16 ga tube would look good and be fairly light weight. And much easier to attach stuff to than round tube.

Todd

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
Why not use square or rectangle tube? Some 1X3 16 ga tube would look good and be fairly light weight. And much easier to attach stuff to than round tube.

Todd

I thought about it, but I like the sleek look of the round tube. even though I could do a square tube rack easier than the round