My Overland Project Outback

• HTML tutorial

WanderingCouture

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Grande Prairie Alberta
Member #

Just wanted to share my build as time goes on this will be updated on a regular, currently this year I have started off with a 2" lift,and my RTT... always carry all my camp gear... rarely does it ever leave my Vehicle. Along with my build I will also share some of my adventures and if wanted the location,IMG_20170227_002331_269.jpg
so you all can enjoy them I hope you enjoy my thread!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using OB Talk mobile app

WanderingCouture

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Grande Prairie Alberta
Member #

Where did you get your lift kit? And how much? We just got a 17' outback. Mods to come soon.

Sent from my SM-G900P using OB Talk mobile app
Lp adventure sells a full kit with all the hardware it was just under $1000, that's where I got mine. Their is also ADF.com witch looks like they had a decent set up, and primitive racing has a bunch of decent stuff, if I come across anything elce I will let you know!

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Nice rig. What tires and size are you running, I am getting a 2" ADF lift next month and am debating between BFG AT TA KO2 or Yokohama Geolander AT GO15 for my 2017 Outback.

Reactions: WanderingCouture

WanderingCouture

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Grande Prairie Alberta
Member #

Nice rig. What tires and size are you running, I am getting a 2" ADF lift next month and am debating between BFG AT TA KO2 or Yokohama Geolander AT GO15 for my 2017 Outback.
Im running my stock size winter tires right now, I have some K02 on order, hard to get them up my way all the oilfeild companies eat them up like candy

Reactions: Terry Pickens

WanderingCouture

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Grande Prairie Alberta
Member #

Update: i got my K02's , Full armor is on! And in the finals for Canadas #LookingGoodCanada compitition, did the skid plates in about and hout and a half..
Primitive has good plates at a reasonable price!
K02's, Courtacy of a good friend of mine at kaltire.... was two month back order on the tires
melted my rear cvboot on driver side, after the lift i guess my exhaust is a little too close to the cv ill have to fix that
and the snows gone, whaters high and the wheeling is good! Got a lot of weird looks on the trails but kept up with the cj cruisers and the big boys around here was quite impressed, also if you can find the link for subarus looking good compitition dont be shy to vote for your favorite picture, hopefully mine [emoji28], Thanks for following will try to update on all the trips and upgrades as the summer allows

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Great looking Outback. Mine, although sliver, will be very similar. Ko2's going on in the the next few weeks. How do you like the RTT and how does the car drive with it? How has it effected highway driving?
Looking good.

WanderingCouture

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Grande Prairie Alberta
Member #

Great looking Outback. Mine, although sliver, will be very similar. Ko2's going on in the the next few weeks. How do you like the RTT and how does the car drive with it? How has it effected highway driving?
Looking good.
It drives allright i like to keep it under 120km/h or the tent starts shaking abit, i hounstly havent payed attention to highway losses it still has great mileage and it offroads amazing!

WanderingCouture

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Grande Prairie Alberta
Member #

So today i started a little project, im giving limb risers a go so i dont get a bunch of branches stuck and tearing up my cover for the rtt, also had to make it in a two peice set so when i swap the rtt out for the bucket i can still use them
so thats todays progress.... once i fine tune and figure out a better mount ill throw up an update

WanderingCouture

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Grande Prairie Alberta
Member #

Have a few updates, it has been a while since I've been here... been a busy summer!

Since I have had my exhaust issue fixed, no more issues there :) I also finally have my winch I've been planing forever

I almost forgot where I've left off on this build thread its been so long, I do apologize ! Have also been working on my 99 forester getting it ready for an engine rebuild will go through abit later and inform you guys on whatever I have left out, thanks for following my thread :)

WanderingCouture

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Grande Prairie Alberta
Member #

is that the kit from LP? how do you like it, and how hard was it to install?
Yes it is, the kit is great they have designed it well it was super easy to install minus doing it with my spare tire jack and a jack stand I do recommend having a little better lifting devices for the job other then that it still hasn't had any issues and lp has been great to deal with

WestCoast4x4

Rank III
Investor

Traveler III

Walnut Grove, BC, Canada
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Martens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7BDM
Looks great! Thanks for sharing. Question, have you had any issues with the larger tires at all? Just wondering how the tranny does with the added force needed to run those things? Thanks for any help. Im just starting my forester build, love seeing what these subbies can do! Cheers.

Sent from my LG-H915 using OB Talk mobile app