Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Thought I would share some images of my Pioneer Longreach Off-road Campertrailer.

It is all Australian made and will go anywhere that I can go in my 4WD.

It is a rear fold out - that is the roof folds back and becomes the floor.

We have had it for four years and I absolutely love it and we have taken it to some great and remote places.

Hopefully in a couple of years we will head off on the big lap around Australia and this will be our home for the trip.

It is able to go fully off grid as it has twin 120 amp hour AGM batteries charged by a Redarc BMS 30 DC-DC charger that can charge the batteries via, 12 volt (from the car), 240 volt (domestic) or solar (I have a 150 wwatt solar panel) and as I only run a couple of LED lights the batteries will last for up to 28 days without the need for being recharged.

It has two 9 litre gas bottles, one for cooking and the other for the hot water system (including a shower) and it has a 120 litre water tank.

I keep the fridge in the vehicle along with all of the food.

Comments welcomed.

Karl

This is what it looks like all packed away (on the beach at Dirk Hartog Island).

2018-06-03 4WD - 040-Edit.jpg

All set up - it takes about 10 minutes to set it up to this stage. Basically, you undo four clips, fold over the floor and stick up some poles on the inside and then it is just setting up all of the peripheral stuff that you need.

2019-11-22 4WD - 001-Edit.jpg

The kitchen set-up - I love cooking with the Weber Baby Q BBQ.

2019-11-22 4WD - 002-Edit.jpg

The inside (aka the work bench!).

2019-11-22 4WD - 003-Edit.jpg

The rear

2019-11-22 4WD - 004-Edit.jpg

The drivers side.

2019-11-22 4WD - 005-Edit.jpg