Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
I upgraded from a Ford minivan to an 06 Sierra 2500HD extended cab for work as an owner operator industrial courier. Well, oil industry took a nosedive recently as most are aware (here in Alberta anyway). Year later I left the courier biz after I paid the truck off.

As she looked the day we brought her home... and then last summer

I've since added the mid-rise commercial topper to increase security compared to the Softopper
20160922_144958.jpg
20160918_165553.jpg
My inspiration was the Milverado lol

I've since removed the side tube steps, added dual battery under the hood, deep cycle battery in a "power box" in the bed. And installed a 5th wheel hitch wiring harness to charge said RV battery which will eventually power the "house"....

So that's about it for the time being.

John
Pro Patria

Last edited:

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Hey man I like this pickup! Have you done anything else to her? I'd love to see

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Hmm, done some.

Added a slide-in truck camper umbilical hook-up. That'll power my battery box/power station I've been tinkering with in my spare time.
20160924_144903.jpg 20160924_144918.jpg
20160924_150042.jpg
Also added a tailgate seal by Truxedo. We went out a few weeks ago and half the time we were on oil/logging roads. Zero dust in the back of the truck... Love it.
20160924_161533.jpg

And this was about halfway through the weekend on out last trip....
20170628_221918.jpg

Not much to look at right now but she gets us out there with all our gear. Gear stays in the truck full-time (minus food, clothes, etc).

Oh and a tablet mount in the cab....

Last edited:
Reactions: maxfederle89

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
Dude that's awesome! That's the real deal there. It's not some crazy show truck it gets out in the dirt. Tequila and all! Did you bother changing your suspension at all? That's the biggest thing I'm struggling with. Is the topper the way to go? I was never planning on a topper myself because I have an underused tent [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Carnivore

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Loves me some tequila lol.

Nothing done to the suspension other than giving the torsion bars a bit of a crank to level it up a little I put some 235/85R16 on. A tad narrower than stock and a touch taller at almost 32". The ride is SO much quieter than the Duratraks lol.

As for tent, we use a Sportz TruckTent.20170628_144033.jpg
20150704_204505.jpg
It fits around the tailgate and use the tent as an all purpose room of sorts (or if the kids are with us, it's the kid's sleeping area at night).

We only got the hard shell due to our neighborhood. Everything is vulnerable when we use the Softopper unfortunately. Not a secure full-time storage option.

Last edited: