Albaro

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tucson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ERJ
I used this suspension, but I wouldn't recommend, after driving in Baja on the roads destroyed by the hurricane, one of them broke, and we spent half a day fixing it. 20180916_100753.jpeg

Reactions: PCO6

Albaro

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tucson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ERJ
I used this suspension, but I wouldn't recommend, after driving in Baja on the roads destroyed by the hurricane, one of them broke, and we spent half a day fixing it. View attachment 89610
The brand of the axles is Flexiride.
And in the second picture you can see what I had to do to fix it, this was done in a small fishing town in Baja called Bahia de los Angeles. 20181119_101004.jpeg20181119_124601.jpeg

Reactions: old_man and PCO6

Anvil Overlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pedee, OR, USA
First Name
jason
Last Name
smith
Member #

Looks good. I recently purchased a 50's jeep military trailer with a 7x14 CVT fold out tent. I've beefed up the tires and will be fabricating rear bumper with tire carrier and side fenders and runners to each side. You running any solar?20181101_131009~2.jpeg20181108_125953~2.jpeg

Reactions: Albaro

Albaro

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tucson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ERJ

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

That is an amazing looking build!
Did you use plywood for the exterior walls?
Are you going to put a roof rack on? If you do, are you able to mount it into the frame of the box ?

Albaro

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tucson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ERJ
That is an amazing looking build!
Did you use plywood for the exterior walls?
Are you going to put a roof rack on? If you do, are you able to mount it into the frame of the box ?
The roof rack is already done, when I was doing the frame work I welded the nuts to the frame.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Nice build! :smiley: Lots of great details like your fold down table. What product did you use for the exterior finish and did you have any trouble applying the graphics on the galley door? I'm looking to do something on textured FRP panels and am just looking for ideas on how to go about it.

Albaro

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tucson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ERJ
Nice build! :smiley: Lots of great details like your fold down table. What product did you use for the exterior finish and did you have any trouble applying the graphics on the galley door? I'm looking to do something on textured FRP panels and am just looking for ideas on how to go about it.
Thanks, I used Raptor liner for the outside, and on the galley door I used an stencil and then use black liner.

JungleSkunk

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I really like this trailer. I have been looking to build a tent style trailer but this makes me rethink the whole thing. Im a big guy and the tear drop style just doesnt do it for me but this is a great looking option.

Albaro

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tucson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ERJ
It’s Beauty! Where are you located? If you ever decide to sell - I’m there! Lol. Hopefully we get some nice weather soon so we can enjoy the outdoors!
Thanks man, I live in Tucson Az, this is the time of the year we have the best weather to go camping here.

Reactions: JungleSkunk