Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thank you my friend, much appreciated! Our girl has been a labor of love for sure.

smritte

Rank V

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Member #

Ham Callsign
KO6BI
I didn't realize Premier was still around. I first saw them in the late 70's-early eighties at an off road show. I couldn't afford one at the time so I copied it and made my own. I used it a few times over the years but when rock crawl took off in the 90's, I used it almost every trip. The older vehicles didn't like all the twisting. We fixed everything from broken frames to torn off spring mounts to broken drive shaft's. Having a small electric grinder/cutter was nice also. During that time, one of my buddies gave me a spool gun. Flux core, plug it in and go. That changed the whole game.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep

Inventor I

Auburn, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
This is definitely bucket list mods for my 4runner. I don't even know how to weld, but I'll learn!
I don’t either but I watching YouTube and am going to get some scrap steel and practice!

I figure based on that I’m not gonna be able to get employment at a Fab shop, but I should be able to put metal together enough to get out of woods.

Also wife can Arc weld

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep

Inventor I

Auburn, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I didn't realize Premier was still around. I first saw them in the late 70's-early eighties at an off road show. I couldn't afford one at the time so I copied it and made my own. I used it a few times over the years but when rock crawl took off in the 90's, I used it almost every trip. The older vehicles didn't like all the twisting. We fixed everything from broken frames to torn off spring mounts to broken drive shaft's. Having a small electric grinder/cutter was nice also. During that time, one of my buddies gave me a spool gun. Flux core, plug it in and go. That changed the whole game.
Yeah they’re still around, Greg the owner is a really good guy!

We bought the Bun Trail Welder Spool-gun attachment as well.

Reactions: smritte