Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Thanks. So far I'm pretty impressed with that Akaso action camera. Picked it up as a lightning deal on Amazon for only 65 bucks.

Haha, she moved in fast. :laughing:

Reactions: THorner

THorner

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Sharpsburg, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Unfortunately my forward camera pooped the bed. Rear facing got some good footage. I'm copying to thumb drives and will share. If someone wants to post feel free, I don't have the skill set to post online.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

After this trip I think I have decided on which chainsaw to get. I probably don't need one this big but I think it's the best value for the money. I watched lots of reviews. What do you think?

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

After this trip I think I have decided on which chainsaw to get. I probably don't need one this big but I think it's the best value for the money. I watched lots of reviews. What do you think?
I got my dad a Ryobi for small trimming tasks and it is pretty good but that decision was based because the other Ryobi tools are pretty good and all use the same battery packs. They have a 12v charger that can be charged from the car as well. Whatever you get, just make sure you have some kind of storage for it. Chain oil is a bitch to clean up and it is always a mess.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

I got my dad a Ryobi for small trimming tasks and it is pretty good but that decision was based because the other Ryobi tools are pretty good and all use the same battery packs. They have a 12v charger that can be charged from the car as well. Whatever you get, just make sure you have some kind of storage for it. Chain oil is a bitch to clean up and it is always a mess.
I have loads of Ryobi Batteries but I know their chainsaws are crap. Makita came today.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

I have been working on editing my footage. I never did this before. I finally have all of the footage in one file. Anyone want 4 hours? LOL I need to cut it down to something reasonable.

THorner

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Sharpsburg, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Horner
Member #

I have about 2.5 hours. I've been fighting with [and loosing] video editing software. I put together a bunch of clips but when I played it back the quality was $#!/. What does anyone use for editing that an old dog can learn?

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Stru
I have about 2.5 hours. I've been fighting with [and loosing] video editing software. I put together a bunch of clips but when I played it back the quality was $#!/. What does anyone use for editing that an old dog can learn?
Struggling with Davinci Resolve. Lot's of you tube video's but most of them shows screens that do match mine. LOL

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
I just used iMovie. It's free on any Mac, so it's definitely not professional level video editing but it does the trick.

johnniac57

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Parrigan
Member #

I just used GoPro Quik for mine. Free, and easy to use if all you're trying to do is pull some smaller clips out of a larger video. You pretty much just open a video in it, and drag the left & right blue sliders pictured below to narrow the original video down to a clip you want to save. I haven't tried adding custom music yet, and have no clue if/how it would work with footage from something other than a GoPro. The only quality issues I had were when uploading to YouTube, which I figured out. I haven't had any with GoPro Quik itself.

1573507301059.png

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
I use Hitfilm Express. Its technically a VFX editor but it can do basic editing extremely well.

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
Oof, I almost forgot about the video I took. After getting back from the trip I got the flu, then job interviews (which I'll be starting as an Assistant Ranger on Dec 2nd!) and remembered I never actually posted any of what I shot. So here's the drive-by of all the vehicles along with the tree winching that we did.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Oof, I almost forgot about the video I took. After getting back from the trip I got the flu, then job interviews (which I'll be starting as an Assistant Ranger on Dec 2nd!) and remembered I never actually posted any of what I shot. So here's the drive-by of all the vehicles along with the tree winching that we did.

Awesome! I'm glad someone got footage of the tree winching. :grinning:

Also, where are you going to be a Ranger at?

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
Awesome! I'm glad someone got footage of the tree winching. :grinning:

Also, where are you going to be a Ranger at?
Sesquicentennial/Goodale State Park(s) in SC! Apparently Sesqui also manages Goodale, so I'll be doing shifts at both parks. I'm pretty excited since I've been looking to get into the park service for a couple years now (and this year put out about 50-70 applications). Walking and standing more on the job will also be good for my back, so I'll also be able to get my health goals back on track since I won't be sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day (even if I did have a special chair)!!

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Sesquicentennial/Goodale State Park(s) in SC! Apparently Sesqui also manages Goodale, so I'll be doing shifts at both parks. I'm pretty excited since I've been looking to get into the park service for a couple years now (and this year put out about 50-70 applications). Walking and standing more on the job will also be good for my back, so I'll also be able to get my health goals back on track since I won't be sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day (even if I did have a special chair)!!
That's great! I haven't been to that park but the pics look really nice.

Reactions: JasKolp

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
That's great! I haven't been to that park but the pics look really nice.
Sesqui is a really nice park, its a shame I-20 is right next to it. Other than that its a good park. I've never been to Goodale, it looks like a small park and maybe that's why some rangers from Sesqui also work there.

Reactions: Jeffrey Dill