Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Thought I'd change things up a little bit here. What are those 1 or 2 particular food items you MUST have with you on any camping/overlanding trip you take? And I am not referring to the essentials, just some quirky snack food or comfort food you bring with you.

Mine are Sour Cream & Onion Pringles, Hickory Farms summer sausage and smoked cheese ball.

Reactions: Shannon

natematos

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portland, OR
Member #

Herdez salsa cans. They're small enough that you can pop one open and go through the whole thing quickly, plus makes for easy packing. And since they're in an aluminum can instead of glass or plastic they can be tossed anywhere you have room.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Herdez salsa cans. They're small enough that you can pop one open and go through the whole thing quickly, plus makes for easy packing. And since they're in an aluminum can instead of glass or plastic they can be tossed anywhere you have room.
I didn't realize Herdez was available in cans. What size are they?

agent00111

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lau
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VWP
Buffalo Trace bourbon and pistachio nuts. Pairs well with sunsets.

I store the bourbon in Stillhouse whiskey metal cans so I don't have to worry about glass, plus the Stillhouse cans pack well in my kitchen setup. Pistachio nuts are stored in snack size ziplock bags which are stored in a bigger zip log bag.That keeps them fresher, and keeps me from eating all the nuts on one go.

Honorary mention goes to dehydrated salsa mix. That either goes with canned crushed tomatoes to make salsa, or sour cream to make dip.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Buffalo Trace bourbon and pistachio nuts. Pairs well with sunsets.

I store the bourbon in Stillhouse whiskey metal cans so I don't have to worry about glass, plus the Stillhouse cans pack well in my kitchen setup. Pistachio nuts are stored in snack size ziplock bags which are stored in a bigger zip log bag.That keeps them fresher, and keeps me from eating all the nuts on one go.

Honorary mention goes to dehydrated salsa mix. That either goes with canned crushed tomatoes to make salsa, or sour cream to make dip.
I like those Stillhouse cans. Handy.

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Beef jerky, sausage sticks, crackers, cheese, Pringles, water, bottleed Tea and assorted nuts. Actually power bars, bottled water and peanut crackers are always in my truck.
The essentials!