• HTML tutorial

smallfrye

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado
Member #

Took a quick trip up to Mt. Antero two weekends ago. The plan was to drive to the highest point at 13,800' then hike the remainder of the way up to Mt. Antero at 14,269' but once reaching the upper parking area I opted not due to the high winds and temperatures - I had a difficult time standing in the wind gusts. After trying not to get blown off the mountain I made a quick trip down to Browns lake then back down to drive over to St Elmo to check it out - no photos, I'll be making a trip back.

Heading up the trail.

I ended up following these two up the mountain, keeping my distance.

Traffic jam - one of the reasons why I hung back. There wasn't a lot of room to pass when I came up to that spot.

Waiting for the traffic jam to clear.

At the upper parking area - Mt Antero is in the background. You can just make out the trail below the summit.

The Decker fire is in the background on the left and the trail in the center deadends.

Those two going back down the trail.

Looking back as I headed towards Browns Lake.

Browns Lake - I missed the trail in one spot and took an alternate route that had me 3-wheeling around a tight corner.

No photos of the lake since they didn't come out all that well.

Over all it was a good day on the trail and I was lucky enough to not run into any traffic till I got towards the end of the trail. I may make a trip back next year to hike Mt. Antero but we'll see.

Reactions: KonzaLander

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Every year I think about doing this trail, but I never do. I need to make a point of doing it sometime soon. Thanks for sharing the nice photos.