Kansas City
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Paris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0KTP
In January 2017 I was in need of a fridge slide to a problem of access to my refrigerator in the back of my truck. My setup at the time had a drawer system in the back of my truck inside a camper shell. My previous setups were on the floor of a SUV. The ability to get inside the fridge was easier. Having the fridge on top of the drawers, made getting into the fridge cumbersome. The need to climb into the truck and then squeeze between the trucks camper shell was not feasible. Searching the inter webs I found a product I felt could do what I needed.

An un-named company in the US was making a drop slide at the time. Their cost was well over $900.00. Not wanting to spend as much I began to see if there was anybody else making a similar product.

To my surprise, (sarcasm) a company in Australia was already making a similar product. The company was MSA 4x4. MSA 4x4 has been around in Australia since the late 1990’s. Their company was born out of desire and their belief there should be better canvas products. The company has continued to innovate and developed some great products for the off-roaring and touring communities.

MSA 4x4’s fridge drop slide was very well marketed and reviewed. Many of the images and videos showed them having women sit on their slides to show how tough they were. They were also the original designers of the drop slide.

A3DCC08C-6062-4BAB-A36E-E4ED272C53F4.jpeg

I contacted MSA 4x4. They were willing to ship to the United States of America. With shipping and after the currency conversion I paid less to purchase from MSA 4x4 than the USA company who was making a similar product.

When the product arrived I was anxious to put it together. I mocked up the drop slide on a board and some saw horses.
AF7A1C11-0941-417D-820E-89ADEFFD4393.jpeg9007B063-DDF5-4019-9387-DE341CFAC492.jpeg

It functioned as designed and only led to me getting a little more excited about its installation.

Putting the fridge into the tray was easy. MSA had different bags labeled for various name brand fridges. (National Luna, ARB, Dometic, etc..)
There was also the option to strap these fridges by their handles to remove the fridge more easily from the slide if desired.

There was no intention to move the fridge to another vehicle, so I chose to bolt the fridge to the slide. I also figure it would stand as added security if someone was to break into my truck for the fridge.

The ARB was fitted. The fit was perfect. The bolt set for the fridge had an extra couple bolts at the end which is always nice.

BD1751C2-5433-4AE8-B5CA-A88817EE9506.jpeg

The fridge slide has been installed for over 2.5 years. The slide has had no mechanical issues. The finish of the anodized aluminum is in the same condition as the day it was shipped to me. I have loaded the fridge to the brim with liquids, meats, and any combination of the two.

DA2D7CCF-C2B1-4F04-ABB8-78361F22698E.jpeg

My wife and I have found the fridge slide to be one our favorite purchases for our vehicle. It rates right up there with the original purchase of the fridge.

Would I purchase this fridge again today?

Without a doubt.

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

In January 2017 I was in need of a fridge slide to a problem of access to my refrigerator in the back of my truck. My setup at the time had a drawer system in the back of my truck inside a camper shell. My previous setups were on the floor of a SUV. The ability to get inside the fridge was easier. Having the fridge on top of the drawers, made getting into the fridge cumbersome. The need to climb into the truck and then squeeze between the trucks camper shell was not feasible. Searching the inter webs I found a product I felt could do what I needed.

An un-named company in the US was making a drop slide at the time. Their cost was well over $900.00. Not wanting to spend as much I began to see if there was anybody else making a similar product.

To my surprise, (sarcasm) a company in Australia was already making a similar product. The company was MSA 4x4. MSA 4x4 has been around in Australia since the late 1990’s. Their company was born out of desire and their belief there should be better canvas products. The company has continued to innovate and developed some great products for the off-roaring and touring communities.

MSA 4x4’s fridge drop slide was very well marketed and reviewed. Many of the images and videos showed them having women sit on their slides to show how tough they were. They were also the original designers of the drop slide.

View attachment 113722

I contacted MSA 4x4. They were willing to ship to the United States of America. With shipping and after the currency conversion I paid less to purchase from MSA 4x4 than the USA company who was making a similar product.

When the product arrived I was anxious to put it together. I mocked up the drop slide on a board and some saw horses.
View attachment 113724View attachment 113723

It functioned as designed and only led to me getting a little more excited about its installation.

Putting the fridge into the tray was easy. MSA had different bags labeled for various name brand fridges. (National Luna, ARB, Dometic, etc..)
There was also the option to strap these fridges by their handles to remove the fridge more easily from the slide if desired.

There was no intention to move the fridge to another vehicle, so I chose to bolt the fridge to the slide. I also figure it would stand as added security if someone was to break into my truck for the fridge.

The ARB was fitted. The fit was perfect. The bolt set for the fridge had an extra couple bolts at the end which is always nice.

View attachment 113725

The fridge slide has been installed for over 2.5 years. The slide has had no mechanical issues. The finish of the anodized aluminum is in the same condition as the day it was shipped to me. I have loaded the fridge to the brim with liquids, meats, and any combination of the two.

View attachment 113727

My wife and I have found the fridge slide to be one our favorite purchases for our vehicle. It rates right up there with the original purchase of the fridge.

Would I purchase this fridge again today?

Without a doubt.
I like that design. I've looked at several companies. Tembo Tusk is not making their $1300 one anymore or so I was told at last years Expo east. That leaves Clearview and MSA as far as I can tell that make a true drop slide. Many tilt slide options of which I currently own the AluCab but I would prefer a drop slide. I like the handle style better on the Clearview but like that the MSA unit comes out farther. About a $100 difference with shipping. Hmmmm...

Reactions: Paris0514

Paris0514

Local Expert Kansas City MO
Founder 500

World Traveler III

Kansas City
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Paris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0KTP
I like that design. I've looked at several companies. Tembo Tusk is not making their $1300 one anymore or so I was told at last years Expo east. That leaves Clearview and MSA as far as I can tell that make a true drop slide. Many tilt slide options of which I currently own the AluCab but I would prefer a drop slide. I like the handle style better on the Clearview but like that the MSA unit comes out farther. About a $100 difference with shipping. Hmmmm...
The other company not mentioned was who you stated. I believe there was a patent infringement. I could be wrong.

I haven’t seen the Clearview but will take a look as I like seeing what’s out there. Thanks for the comment.