Launch Member

Traveler III

Monroeville, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Russell
Member #

For jeep Wrangler owners (I have a 2011 JKU Rubicon) space is at a premium. I'm looking for suggestions / pictures of where people have mounted external CB speakers in their rigs. So where would the best places be??? Thanks in advance for any advice / pics that ya'll share.

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

I dont drive a wrangler but on my old truck there were areas either under the hood or behind the grille that were suitable for mounting a speaker. Somewhere that it wont get damaged but also not too covered so the sound isnt muffled is a fine point of balance.

ASRussell

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Monroeville, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Russell
Member #

I dont drive a wrangler but on my old truck there were areas either under the hood or behind the grille that were suitable for mounting a speaker. Somewhere that it wont get damaged but also not too covered so the sound isnt muffled is a fine point of balance.
I was mainly thinking inside the cab....not as a pa system..... but to make it a bit louder for riding down the roads

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I have mine mounted on my drivers side windshield pillar. I used a smaller speaker and the pillar completely covers it so the speaker isn’t in my line of sight. Does that make sense?

Reactions: ASRussell

ASRussell

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Monroeville, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Russell
Member #

I have mine mounted on my drivers side windshield pillar. I used a smaller speaker and the pillar completely covers it so the speaker isn’t in my line of sight. Does that make sense?
Kindof....but can you take a pic so I can kindof get a visual

Six Actual

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benicia, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wickett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA6XM
I put a small speaker in the padding around the roll bar on the drivers side... basically to the left, rear side behind my head. Can hear it well and don't regret placing it there. If I want it louder, more full sounding, i just plug an aux cable into the head unit and run my Ham radio through all factory speakers. Here are some pics of the small speaker I put in.

DSC01250.jpg DSC01251.jpg DSC01241.jpg DSC01253.jpg