Enthusiast I

Lachine, Montreal, QC, Canada
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

Hello,

I have two 5lbs propane cylinders that are 9" in diameter. I was going to mount them with Super Quick Fist clamp which are supposed to hold anything betwen 2.5" and 9.5" in diameter but it's not working, they are way to short to go around my tanks, the gap between the two ends is almost 3". Does anyone have any experience with them ? I am supposed to stretch them enough to close that gap ?

20190615_113903.jpg

Last edited:

EricGagne

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

Ooops ! I think I should have read the instructions before posting here !

2. After fastening the SUPER QUICK FIST clamp stretch the strap by putting one hand on the base and use the other to pull in a perpendicular direction several times on the strap.
:blush:

EricGagne

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

Ooops ! I think I should have read the instructions before posting here !

:blush:
So, I stretched once, still way too short, stretched again, still too short, stretched again, strap broke.

I thought maybe I'm doing this wrong so I tried again with the other one, holding it differently, strap broke again.

I guess I'm definitely doing something wrong but I don't see how else I could do it, I pulled on the strap exactly how they show and explain in the instructions.

SilverSurferJKU

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary Alberta
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Boksteyn
Member #

I looked at all the traditional options for 5lb bottles and found that most a crazy over priced.
I found with a little modifications a 30 lbs fire extinguisher mount works absolutely perfect and at $40-$50 why not. Simply move the tank restraint down a few inches and rivet it on.
IMG_3062.JPG

Last edited: