Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
I have a Gobi Stealth ordered for the 4Runner and am investigating awnings to mount to it.

Living out in the arid, relatively tree-less area of West Texas, wind is always a consideration. Those familiar know that it can go from nothing to howling in the blink of an eye. That being the case, I am actually considering an Alu Cab Shadow so I don't end up with tattered remnants of an awning the first time the wind blows through. (For example, gusts were 60+ mph this past weekend in the Big Bend region).

My "Google Fu" is not working very well for me on this, however. I have been unable to locate anyone that has mounted an Alu Cab Shadow to a Gobi rack, nor have I been able to find any appropriate mounting brackets.

Now to the question(s) ...

Has anyone here on the forum mounted an Alu Cab Shadow to a Gobi rack and/or do you know of any available brackets that I could use to do so?

Thanks.

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Considering how specific your question is you might want to wait until you have the components, take pictures and share ideas might be more flowing :tonguewink:

Reactions: Welding Goats

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Considering how specific your question is you might want to wait until you have the components, take pictures and share ideas might be more flowing :tonguewink:
I was trying to make sure I didn't end up with an expensive mistake and end up with an awning that I couldn't attach to a rack. Couldn't find any pics or examples of people mounting that combination and therefore couldn't determine if there was a mounting solution available or if I was going to have to go custom.

Ironically, I did find, late last night, that a mount by Fourtreks (www.fourtreks.com) does exist for the combination.

So I guess I answered my own question. :-)

Reactions: 1derer

Fakawi Tribe

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Fresno, CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Aguirre
Member #

I have a Gobi Stealth ordered for the 4Runner and am investigating awnings to mount to it.

Living out in the arid, relatively tree-less area of West Texas, wind is always a consideration. Those familiar know that it can go from nothing to howling in the blink of an eye. That being the case, I am actually considering an Alu Cab Shadow so I don't end up with tattered remnants of an awning the first time the wind blows through. (For example, gusts were 60+ mph this past weekend in the Big Bend region).

My "Google Fu" is not working very well for me on this, however. I have been unable to locate anyone that has mounted an Alu Cab Shadow to a Gobi rack, nor have I been able to find any appropriate mounting brackets.

Now to the question(s) ...

Has anyone here on the forum mounted an Alu Cab Shadow to a Gobi rack and/or do you know of any available brackets that I could use to do so?

Thanks.
Gobi makes brackets for the Alu Cab. See here GOBI Toyota 4Runner (1995-2019) Alu-Cab Awning Brackets (Stealth)
There is also American Overland on IG who has done it.

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

270 awnings are tough with the 4Runner. You need to mount them high enough so as not to be hit by the tailgate when it’s up. I have seen a picture of an Alucab Shadow mounted with the Alucab Eped 3 tent on a 4Runner. The owning made some brackets to lift the awning up. Gobi sell brackets but all accessories are made to order. I got some awning brackets from them. It’s quicker than wait time for the racks but still takes weeks to come. I think mine took 4-5 weeks to arrive. I have the stealth no rise option.

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

270 awnings are tough with the 4Runner. You need to mount them high enough so as not to be hit by the tailgate when it’s up. I have seen a picture of an Alucab Shadow mounted with the Alucab Eped 3 tent on a 4Runner. The owning made some brackets to lift the awning up. Gobi sell brackets but all accessories are made to order. I got some awning brackets from them. It’s quicker than wait time for the racks but still takes weeks to come. I think mine took 4-5 weeks to arrive. I have the stealth no rise option.

Attachments