Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

When it comes to bigger trips I don't get to do them often but I've been to Morocco twice now and will happily go again. Whilst it's very possible to do Morocco on your own and very accessible from our home in the UK we chose to join an organised tour and go with Trailmasters International (http://www.trailmasters.com). In fact both our trips there have been with them. Joining an organised tour gave us a ready made group, great for meeting new people, as well as freeing us up from having to organise the whole trip.
To get there we just had to meet up with the rest of the group in southern Spain. From there we took the Ferry across and into Morocco. We traveled down over the Atlas mountains, camping in the Cedar Forest and then on to camp in an Oasis near Boudnib. From there to spend a couple days at Auberge du Sud near Merzouga. Here was my first chance to drive on the sand dunes... much more fun than a bucket and spade at the beach! After a couple of days rest we headed down part of the old Paris - Dakar route to camp at an auberge in the 'proper desert'. The following day we headed to the civilization of Zagora and a chance to get the vehicles checked over. Another day's rest here and chance to use the wifi to catch up on facebook... Moving on we traveled over the Black Mountains to the Todra gorge and then on to the Dades. Next was a two day stop in Marrakesh before completing out trip with a two day drive up the west coast past Casablanca and the on to the ferry back into Spain.
In all we were away for 3 weeks and it was probably one of the best holidays I've ever had. Morocco is a great country to visit, the diversity of the landscape is awesome and gives you so many different driving conditions (if you choose to try them) and then there is the people... they are what truly make Morocco for me and yes I'd go with Trailmasters again!
Not sure I can do the trip justice in a few photos but hopefully you get the idea.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: MBroenkow