MOORE offroad expo Springfield Missouri April 8-10

• HTML tutorial

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

This is a rapidly growing expo that seems to be the favorite of a lot of YouTube channels. Tickets are not expensive at all, I’ve put in applications to do a static display as a Overland group in for sure going to be hanging my Overland Bound One‘s camp flag in addition to putting in petitions for several seminars. Would love to see this become a regular Overland Bound One meet up yearly as it’s pretty centrally located!

OkieDavid

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Guthrie, Oklahoma
Member #

I understand why they moved the date given the weather, but it was nice when it was earlier in the year and there was no competition for stuff to do. I went to the initial one they held, I think it was in February. April is like the #1 month for events, I've already got several things calling for my attention, so if I go this year it will be a last-minute sign up for me, lol.

VoodooRanger

Rank II

Pathfinder III

Miami, Florida, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Blanco
Member #

I went last year and it was my first ever Overland Expo. Had a good time and showed me that I was just skimming the surface of the Overland world. The weather itself was an adventure. As was the drive all the way from Miami. Not sure I’ll be able to make it out this year, as I’m planning to take the drive to Mountain West, but we will see.

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

I'm thinking of going.

Look for me. I'll be the guy in the flat brimmed hat with the white Oakley sunglasses jamming to redundant electronic music endlessly begging for people to "click and subscribe". :grinning:

Seriously. I want to check one of these expos out. Moore is about 8 hours away. And a good time of year for me to take a long weekend.

Last edited:

ObiShawnKenobi

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Collinsville, IL, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Moore
Member #

I went last year and it was my first ever Overland Expo. Had a good time and showed me that I was just skimming the surface of the Overland world. The weather itself was an holy cowadventure. As was the drive all the way from Miami. Not sure I’ll be able to make it out this year, as I’m planning to take the drive to Mountain West, but we will see.
Holy cow! That is a long drive. I was thinking 4 hours for me was going to be a haul.

Reactions: RatAssassin

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
I was there Friday Night was a blast seeing some new stuff. I also got "Broncoed" was something that made the wife smile and start looking for some to return the favor. she collects the ducks in her Jeep. I suspect is was the Bronco we parked close too. Thank you!!!20220410_124455.jpg

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

Hopefully get a chance to talk to some of your folks when I did the class on family Overland planning and as I walked around and talked to several people had a Overland Bound swag on!!

My 360 videos of a walk-through inside and out

Reactions: terryg and Kent R

mdfauls

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast I

Trenton, MI, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Fauls
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8MIH
I was there on Saturday. 13 hour drive from SE MI it was my 11 y/o first Expo. We had a great time. Came back to my Jeep had a bunch of ducks and a flyer to join OB, guess they missed my emblem . Met some great people and got a quick skottle class from Timbo Tusk, picked up one of their new fire pits too. Finished the day with Moore2Smorr. It was a great time will definitely be there next year.

Attachments

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I showed up early Saturday morning and stayed until the afternoon. The MOORE show was pretty impressive this year. Not one, not two, not three but FOUR halls (including outdoors) of vendors and products. It is amazing how much they have grown in just a few short years. As such, it has unfortunately started to feel like any other large Overland Expo. I missed the smaller MOORE experience of years past.

After bailing from the expo on Saturday I headed into the Missouri backwoods. I really enjoyed getting out into the Mark Twain National Forest. It had been about 20 years since I last explored the area, on a dirtbike! Perfect, I only encountered 4 other vehicles in search of a camp site in the woods. It was great!
PXL_20220410_155536255.PANO.jpg

Last edited:

ObiShawnKenobi

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Collinsville, IL, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Moore
Member #

I showed up early Saturday morning and stayed until the afternoon. The MOORE show was pretty impressive this year. Not one, not two, not three but FOUR halls (including outdoors) of vendors and products. It is amazing how much they have grown in just a few short years. As such, it has unfortunately started to feel like any other large Overland Expo. I missed the smaller MOORE experience of years past.

After bailing from the expo on Saturday I headed into the Missouri backwoods. I really enjoyed getting out into the Mark Twain National Forest. It had been about 20 years since I last explored the area, on a dirtbike! Perfect, I only encountered 4 other vehicles in search of a camp site in the woods. It was great!
View attachment 227960
This was my first overland expo of any kind and I really enjoyed it. The rally was great for a beginner as well. I would definitely go back.