Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Was the meet supposed to be at the Beer Market Tuesday? I was there at 18:15hrs and no Overlanders were there. I think another venue would be better anyway due to the fact there is not enough available parking there. I\'m willing to help out getting this group together if some of us want to meet for a planning session. Let me know what you think.
Like i\'ve said I\'m in Southern Indiana but I\'ve been trying to spread the word of OB for a while now and would love to see a Knoxville scene take off....your regional director is in Florida and I\'m not too sure who the state rep for Tennessee is, I\'m the Indiana Rep...I\'ll keep asking to find out who can help get something going....int the mean time would any of you like to a trip beginners trip in KY?....I\'m going to try and put together an event for beginner\'s through Red River Gorge and along the KAT...not sure what dates yet because this COVID-19 thing has everyone on edge right now.....
That is only about 3 hours from Knoxville. It sounds like a great trip and I will definitely be there if the dates work out. Please keep updating on the forum. I hope to have my XJ and M416 trailer finished by June.

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

GhostfaceRebel35

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mount Olivet, KY, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
S.
Member #

I am in East/Central KY, originally from Southeastern KY, but went to UT. K’town wouldn't be a bad drive up to southeastern KY where the Daniel Boone National Forest is (Gorge is part of this if my info is correct, just further north). Always a good ride. Then again, drop south a short piece down I-75 and you have the Tellico Plains/Blue Ridge area, wonderful spot. I would be up for a meet/ride. As mentioned by a few, weekdays are tough, but Friday and weekends would be easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buster4pres

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hey Everyone!
My name is Danan. I'm the Southeast Director for Overland Bound. @Ohio Valley Overland brought this thread to my attention and I'd like to help everyone out getting this organized. @bcmedicxj, you said you'd like to assist in organizing this as well. As I'm in Florida, my ability to show up is somewhat limited by 16 hours of drive time...

I have meetup kits that

gburleson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Knoxville, TN.
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Burleson
Member #

How did the meet up go?....I have reached out the the regional director on getting some help boosting your scene down there. I have a possible venue but I won't be able to attend a weeknight event until the summer....let me know if your interested in something like that
No one attended. I was there for 4 hours drinking beer though. I'm interested in attending any event at this point, after the virus of course, just to learn.

gburleson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Knoxville, TN.
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Burleson
Member #

Like i've said I'm in Southern Indiana but I've been trying to spread the word of OB for a while now and would love to see a Knoxville scene take off....your regional director is in Florida and I'm not too sure who the state rep for Tennessee is, I'm the Indiana Rep...I'll keep asking to find out who can help get something going....int the mean time would any of you like to a trip beginners trip in KY?....I'm going to try and put together an event for beginner's through Red River Gorge and along the KAT...not sure what dates yet because this COVID-19 thing has everyone on edge right now.....
I'm interested after the virus thing passes.

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

gburleson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Knoxville, TN.
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Burleson
Member #

A Saturday meetup would be fine with me. Anybody else interested in a local Overland Group meeting? The Bearden Beer Market is a fun place, but there is hardly ever any parking. Maybe suggest another place where we can get a brew and walk around and check out each other’s rigs. Anyway not sure bars will be open around here anytime soon. Maybe just meet out somewhere off road and everybody brings there own drinks and food and have a camp out

dcarden2142

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Darren
Last Name
Carden
My wife and I are hosting a camping trip/meet and greet in Townsend, TN (just outside of Knoxville) on March 12-14. There is a "Rally Point" already setup as a facebook event page for the event if you or anyone is interested. It is $55 to reserve your camping spot for the weekend. Classes are being held and some awesome raffle prizes at the event also. We are stoked to meet up with people from all over the southeast!!

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
I hope to make a day trip for this event. I'm just a hour away. Looking forward to meeting some local Overlanders. Wish I could camp, but life gets in the way sometimes.

Reactions: Ronin1057

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Do you
My wife and I are hosting a camping trip/meet and greet in Townsend, TN (just outside of Knoxville) on March 12-14. There is a "Rally Point" already setup as a facebook event page for the event if you or anyone is interested. It is $55 to reserve your camping spot for the weekend. Classes are being held and some awesome raffle prizes at the event also. We are stoked to meet up with people from all over the southeast!!
Do you have a rally point set here on this forum? Or just on facebook?

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I'm looking for a break in the weather so I can work on my rig...If I can get her up and running I'll be there....sounds like a good time.

Ronin1057

Rank II

Contributor III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Username Ronin1057
Member #

I’ve made my reservations and I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully we can get this thread going again and organize a reoccurring meet up