• HTML tutorial

Mr B

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Santa Rosa, CA
Member #

Hi everyone.
I am planning a trip through the Mojave Road during St. Patrick's Day weekend, Friday-Monday east to west, with a few rigs and buddies.
Anyone else planning on being out there during this time?
We were planning to head there that same weekend. We also got that Thursday and Friday off work. We live north of San Francisco. So we'd drive down Thursday and camp outside. We were planning to hit the road first thing on Friday. When were you guys goin to start Friday?

BBOY777

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Forest, CA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
B
Member #

Sweet! What a drive to get to the trail.
Exactly the same thing. Driving out Thursday sometime and staying the night at the Trapicana hotel in town. Starting sunrise Friday morning two other rigs. Ending Sunday at Afton Canyon Campground, heading home Monday. That's our plan so far.
Let's definitely stay in touch. I'll PM you my cell number and exchange radio channels.

Been out there before?

Reactions: Mr B

Mr B

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Santa Rosa, CA
Member #

Sweet! What a drive to get to the trail.
Exactly the same thing. Driving out Thursday sometime and staying the night at the Trapicana hotel in town. Starting sunrise Friday morning two other rigs. Ending Sunday at Afton Canyon Campground, heading home Monday. That's our plan so far.
Let's definitely stay in touch. I'll PM you my cell number and exchange radio channels.

Been out there before?
We haven’t been there yet. Poked in for a little bit as we passed by once. I visit family every spring in Arizona. We make an effort to stay on dirt for as much of the trip and back as we can. We are rolling solo at the moment, so definitely shoot us a PM.

Irving Zisman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Yucaipa, CA
Member #

I dont suppose you could provide an update on the condition of the trail after you run it? With all the rain we have had, it will be interesting to know is Soda lake will be passable. I plan on running the Mojave in early April so this information would be a big help.

Thanks

Reactions: Mr B

Mr B

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Santa Rosa, CA
Member #

I dont suppose you could provide an update on the condition of the trail after you run it? With all the rain we have had, it will be interesting to know is Soda lake will be passable. I plan on running the Mojave in early April so this information would be a big help.

Thanks
No problem! It sounds like BBoy is doing the whole Mojave Rd. We’re starting at the west end of the Mojave and when we get to the east side, cutting north through Castle Mountains National Monument.

Reactions: Irving Zisman

Mr B

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Santa Rosa, CA
Member #

We ended up avoiding Soda Lake to miss a sandstorm blowing across the basin and we needed to pop up to Baker to get fuel. So we missed the water crossing and all. We popped onto the Mojave Rd using Brannigan Mine Rd and a couple jogs on some other roads. The part of the trail we were on was very easy. Hit a couple spots where the road was washed out up in Castle Mountain but that was after we left the Mojave rd. We popped off the Mojave Rd a little before Lanfair. Hopefully others can fill in the blanks for you. Cheers!

Reactions: StokelyVanCamp