Moab 9/6 - 13 and Ouray 9/13 - 20

• HTML tutorial

BrokeDown

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

We will be in Moab from Sept. 6th to the 13th and then in Ouray from the 13th until the 20th.

While in Moab, I have to work on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday but plan on doing trails Monday and Friday. I put my wife into an offroading school (Barlow) on Saturday (12th) so that will tie up a large chunk of our day. On Sunday 9/13 we head to Ouray but we could do a short run in the AM.

I am on vacation for the week that we will be in Ouray. I hope to do trails most of that week.

We are pretty new to 4 wheeling. We are more about seeing the sights than we are about conquering the hardest obstacles. I do not mind doing hard trails as long as there are bypasses for the spots that are above ability and our built (2" lift & 33" tires.)

If anyone wants to join us or has ideas for trails for us to do, let us know.

-B

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

My brother and I are new to over landing and will be heading to Moab. It’s a stopping point for us but would be nice to meet some other like minded people. Will be there either the 09/8 or the 9th.

BrokeDown

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

My brother and I are new to over landing and will be heading to Moab. It’s a stopping point for us but would be nice to meet some other like minded people. Will be there either the 09/8 or the 9th.
I can't do trails until Friday. If you will still be around, let me know.
BTW: I had an 03 Excursion. We LOVED that vehicle!!! The only reason that we traded it in is that we could not flat tow it behind the motorhome.
-B

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

Bummer it will not work out, I will be a flight back home to MO Friday. Enjoy your trip though, interested in finding out about the training opportunity your wife is doing (More for my little brother then me). Not to mention, sounds like you got yourself a keeper if she is interested in learning. I enjoy the Excursions very much, cant help myself and talk to fellow Excursion owners when I see them. haha I will get berried in this thing before I give it up.

BrokeDown

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bummer it will not work out, I will be a flight back home to MO Friday. Enjoy your trip though, interested in finding out about the training opportunity your wife is doing (More for my little brother then me). Not to mention, sounds like you got yourself a keeper if she is interested in learning. I enjoy the Excursions very much, cant help myself and talk to fellow Excursion owners when I see them. haha I will get berried in this thing before I give it up.
Yes, she is a keeper. 27 years and still going strong.

I was getting a bit nervous. I had 168,000 mostly trouble free miles on the Excursion. I was concerned that the 6.0 engine would do what 6.0s do (the floating head thing.) The Excursion would have been WAY better for Overlanding... but the Jeep is fun on the trails.

-B